Halloween Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am making my oldest daughter into a plastic "coke" bottle and need some help with the tapered "top" part. I started thinking that I would use a clear plastic "bubble" umbrella but I would need to cut a hole in the top for her head to go thru into the "cap" (and remove the main rod) and I would lose the structural integrity of the whole part and be left with a floppy pokey mess.

I am looking for some idea on how to fabricate something that resembles the bubble umbrella that can also holds the clear shower curtain that makes the body of the bottle.

Thanks for any ideas.

See my sketch for below for that "ah, I see"
Halloween Forum - churchofsubgenius's Album: 2009 stuff in progress - Picture

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I have come up with an alternative to the umbrella idea, I think it would be a freaking mess that I would regret.

I am now thinking that since I have this huge transparent shower curtain (huge for covering a 12 yrs old) why not use it for the top also. All I need to do is build the top framework out of clear plastic "hoops" connected by clear plastic rods? and I can trim and tape (jeez, I fell like I'm talking to myself) the top to have a seamless junction .

Comon peoples....give me some love here.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Acually I just got back from Home Depot with a few lengths of 3/8 I.D. flexible PVC and a bunch if 3/8 wooden dowels. The dowels fit tightly into the tube so a 2in section will make a great connector to make "rings" then the dowels flex enough to bow into the umbrella shape when connected between the rings.

I created I pic model of the idea, i was hoping to have the skeleton made out of clear plastic but I think white is going to have to do.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts