Halloween Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody have a simple down and dirty design for eyeballs it's in a static prop and I don't have any roll-on balls to use and would like something more than just painting some on. I only have a kamrt and a walmart around. no HD or lowe's. thoughts please.

·
Registered
363 Posts
I'm making a couple of corpses atm. Went to a local pottery place and got plastic eyeballs similar to these:

8PCs Plastic Eyes Eyeballs for Mask Skull Doll Bear Toy - eBay (item 180301863467 end time Oct-28-08 06:44:58 PDT)

those are half rounds, but you can get full round ones too which have a canal in the back for placing into skulls. They are real nice and cheap too!

also you can try sculpy baking clays

Products

which I found at Blicks art supplies or hobby lobby. I've used it before to mold my own set of eyeballs for props and such.

otherwise, most expensive route you can find is here:

Novelty Human Mannequin Van Dykes Taxidermy

·
Open up and say "Aaaaahh"
1,562 Posts
I don't understand...If you're going to go to the trouble of buying sculpy and baking balls, why not just go to Walmart and buy a couple rollon deoderants? Really, there is no easier way to make eyes than rollons unless you just go buy ready made ones.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I used SouthernBelles idea of the ping-pong ball eyes (I actually used plastic golf balls that I had on hand.) Just cut them in half and paint a pupil or use the plastic stick-on eyes from a craft store. Thats what I used for the Jack-in-the-box thats my avatar.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Ping pong balls are the lightest and easiest though they are a bit large. Search "easy eyes" for the print out irises.

I've also used the cheap rubber balls from the dollar store, but you have to paint them white first.

Don

1 - 8 of 8 Posts