Halloween Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am working on lighting this year to maximize the effect of my haunt. I wanted to turn my house a rich blue (uplighting) as I have seen in other posts. . Does any one know what type of led lights would work best? I am assuming that LED floodlights pointed at my house would work for the effect. Should it be outdoor PAR 38 LEDs? How many watts should I use? How many bulbs are needed to cover a 10 foot width wall? Lastly, and most importantly where could I find these lights at a decent price? I can't throw too much money at it or my wife would kill me and I don't have time to make my own. Feel free to post pictures if you have a house with similar effects. I can't give the example of what I mean because I can't remember which post I saw it in but it looked cool. Any suggestions you could give me would be greatly appreciated

I also want to ligt the tombstones in my grave yard green.

·
How about a magic trick?
1,002 Posts
CFL (Compact Florescent Lamps ) lights work well and they are low wattage and A LOT cheaper than LED lights. ($5 compared to $20 or more)

And they cover 10 feet diameter plus, each - if used in silver reflector type work lights with the clamps.

·
Insert Witty Comment Here
4,484 Posts
Those houses with the rich blue lighting are probably not as rich blue as you think. I see awesome pics here with amazing lighting, but find it hard to believe that that's how it looks in real life. That said, I think you can get the benefit from cheaper lights than by buying LEDs.

This pic is a great example as if you were just standing there when the pic was taken, you would see a lot more of the prop. (BTW: the light is a blue CFL)

·
Registered
175 Posts
Take a look at my album...I switched to LEDs three years ago and it made a big difference..not only in apperance, but in how much wattage! I would recommend the smaller size LEDs. I bought the bigger ones at first and they were a bit over powering. At this point in October it is hard to get them. DC props has some small ones for a decent price...and Brent is amazing..check them out. http://dcprops.com/led-spot-lights/

·
Undaunted Haunter
1,627 Posts
$36 is a little steep for one light, isn't it? DC sounds more like the way to go. That is a price I can afford. But thanks to everyone for the info. This was a great question drcabral, as I also want to add more blue light. I wish someone would come out with violet colored lights.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Pricey yes, but man, these things are very bright and a perfect blue. I place them on the outside of the fence of my haunt on the ground. They light up the house and cast great shadows. I have the worst streetlight across the street from my house that is has white LED's and it just kills anything else I tried to do with lighting. These blue lights countered that streetlight quite well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts