Halloween Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am building a new faceless reaper . I have used cheesecloth in the past but it fades too fast. I used grade 10. Would a better grade hold color better? Or what do recommend that won't fade in black . Thank you

·
Registered
565 Posts
I am building a new faceless reaper . I have used cheesecloth in the past but it fades too fast. I used grade 10. Would a better grade hold color better? Or what do recommend that won't fade in black . Thank you
This will help you get started: Soul Collector (Reaper) It's a showcase for my Soul Collector (Reaper). I used a heavy cotton fabric, cheesecloth and freaky fabric (all from Walmart or JoAnn). This prop is 3-4 years old and has endured heavy thunderstorms and bleaching sun without much fading. Although you may want to fade/weather the cloth for a more realistic appearance. Other than the hood, none of the cloth has been treated with any waterproofing. I used a glue/water mixture for the hood just so it would hold it's shape.

·
Registered
1 Posts
We made our first monster mud reaper this weekend. When thinking about what fabric to use for the face , we decided on landscaping fabric. We also used that for monster mud wings with a cheesecloth over top. So far it seems to have worked well. Also, you should be able to find that fairly cheap this time of year if you don't have any around. We have also used left over black foam floor underlay as a face cover and ghosts in the past. Still the same color as it started 3 years later.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Have you tried Black 3.0? It's a liquid paint that apparently makes stuff disappear its so black. There are quiet a few videos on YouTube about it. Found this link to purchase it...

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Have you tried Black 3.0? It's a liquid paint that apparently makes stuff disappear its so black. There are quiet a few videos on YouTube about it. Found this link to purchase it...
I want to find a place to use this stuff ... So badly. It's something I might have to buy just to have it on hand (like permablood paint, similarly awesome tho not as pricey).

·
Registered
111 Posts
I want to find a place to use this stuff ... So badly. It's something I might have to buy just to have it on hand (like permablood paint, similarly awesome tho not as pricey).
The Black 3.0 ( and previous versions) are good. Similar to Vanta Black ( the blackest black which absorbs 95% of light. It’s a cool product but is pretty expensive when you see it’s a tiny bottle of paint. It doesn’t do amazingly outside in the elements though.We love using their Lit Glow Powder too.
Liquid Cosmetics Fluid Finger Material property

Hand Gesture Finger Font Thumb

Finger Gesture Thumb Nail polish Wrist

Automotive tire Gadget Font Audio equipment Tire

Gadget Measuring instrument Audio equipment Font Circle

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Wow ... Imagine the effects you could create on a JoL with the flat black ... Even if you just paint the cut surfaces of your pumpkin to add super black outlines to all the edges.

I caved. I bought stuff. I got the stickum goo for the powders, the blue glow powder, the black 2.0 paint, and some of the gold paint (I need it for pirate stuff). I wanted that super orange powder (like a cheeto) but they were out.

At least I refrained from buying more stuff to get free shipping, I exercised some self control. Not a lot but it helps ...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Not sure what people's budget is, but in regards to "Super" black fabric, I might suggest this:

I work with lasers and optics for a living. We often use this to shield our optic path from any light.

As with everything else on the planet, this price has jumped significantly in the past 2 years....

·
Registered
Dystopian CyberTech
126 Posts
Is it based off Vantablack?
Edit: oh look, the weblink says Anish Kapoor go away (my paraphrasing). Then there's this:
The Vantablack Controversy: Anish Kapoor vs. Stuart Semple

1 - 15 of 15 Posts