Halloween Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all! So the wife and I are in our planning stage for the upcoming season. We are in a condo second floor. Last year we did a pretty cool job i think. But this year we wanna up the game any ideas or suggestions? Pic attached of last year. I wanna incorporate those decorations but add more!
Window Wood Building Porch Gas

·
Registered
144 Posts
On the railing attach a facade to match what your theme is. On the rock columns to the right you could attach a few skellys as if they were either climbing in or out. Also you could really amplify the space with ambient black lighting and black light paints to highlight different props.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Get a fire and ice light to shine on the background and give it some movement.

Can you hang anything down from the ceiling? A spider/webbing, jack-o-lantern lanterns, etc.

You could put a Halloween tree in the back if you want to stick with the NBC theme. Oogie Boogie shadow for a backdrop that is lit with a spotlight or black light. Shock, Lock, and Barrel silhouettes on the front of the railing.

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
I agree with the lighting ideas. Attract attention! Plus the idea of using the front, top, back, sides - all of it. You don't have much visible space so think of what you can put in the front, such as tombstones from NBC, like Zero's. Especially with the pumpkins on the fence spikes. And play 'This is Halloween' on the big night.

·
Registered
660 Posts
I agree with the lighting ideas. Attract attention! Plus the idea of using the front, top, back, sides - all of it. You don't have much visible space so think of what you can put in the front, such as tombstones from NBC, like Zero's. Especially with the pumpkins on the fence spikes. And play 'This is Halloween' on the big night.
Ooh the tombstones and pumpkins on spikes is a great idea!

·
Registered
74 Posts
I'd turn the entire balcony into one big cage to house a giant snarling beast. Affix gray PVC pipe from the bottom of the railing up to the ceiling, creating a "cage" of sorts. Backlight it in spooky green or purple, get the fog machine going, add some roaring sound effects, and then add your giant monster! A black 2D cutout or cardboard silhouette could serve as the beast - lets people use their imagination (and fear!) to come up with what it should look like.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts