Halloween Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay so i'm running an online thing and i require background music to add a bit of flavor to spook people! i've tried searching, but sadly i need things that are just a tad specific and it'd difficult to find what i require. in general, i need ambience that runs for at least an hour or at least can be looped without being recognized as being looped and not drive the listeners crazy after the first ten minutes. i need something that definitely gives you some chills as you listen to it, the tensing of the spine sensation. i don't really need sound effects like laughing or vocals or anything. also this takes place in a hospital/asylum setting.

scenarios i need music for:

1̶.̶ ̶a̶ ̶c̶h̶i̶l̶d̶'̶s̶ ̶r̶o̶o̶m̶.̶ ̶n̶o̶t̶h̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶t̶o̶o̶ ̶s̶a̶d̶ ̶o̶r̶ ̶t̶o̶o̶ ̶c̶h̶e̶e̶r̶f̶u̶l̶.̶ ̶w̶o̶u̶l̶d̶ ̶r̶e̶a̶l̶l̶y̶ ̶l̶o̶v̶e̶ ̶m̶u̶s̶i̶c̶ ̶b̶o̶x̶-̶e̶q̶s̶u̶e̶ ̶m̶u̶s̶i̶c̶!̶ Taken care of, thank you!
2. room where a granddaughter was killed by her grandfather accidentally. not sure what would fit here, so something just generally spooky would work.
3. room where girl commits suicide. again, generally spooky ambience with discordant notes would be great.

so extreme gratitude towards anyone who helps me! thank you so so much.<3

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thank you Garthgoyle! the 2nd video was a bit out of place, since this takes place in a hospital..my fault, scatterbrain didn't remember to mention that! the third video was a bit too...fast paced.

but the first one is awesome, aside from the fading out in the end! a little twiddling in audacity and i could hopefully fix that so i'll give that a try.

·
Registered
20,824 Posts
You are welcome, CG. Nox Arcana have a fair amount of songs with a music box quality to them (including Hidden Realm and Annabel Lee), so there are other options, rather than having to attempt to doctor that one. As for the hospital, you many want to give Midnight Syndicate's Gates of Delirium album a listen in full to see what you think of other tracks.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
a bit late actually. XD i work fast. i tinkered and got it to something i could live with, and now have a 45 minute long track to cover that room. i will give that album a check though and see what i think of the other tracks! gotta give it a chance right?^^

·
Registered
671 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thank you very very much for the links, unfortunately this is something i completely don't need. i'm looking more specifically for stuff like the dark ambient genre, not really particuluar sounds like laughter or whispering, just music notes that spook you. so sadly i can't use any of the lovely things you showed me.

also Garthgoyle, i did give the Midnight Syndicate Gates of Delerium a listen, but they were just a bit too much for my purposes. more like music you'd hear for movies, and that's not quite the type of music i want to use. Midnight Syndicate is as good as people say they are though.^^

1 - 7 of 7 Posts