Halloween Forum banner

Need Air Brush Help

2679 Views 24 Replies 9 Participants Last post by  [email protected]
I wanted to get my wife a air brush for Mothers Day. Well I have found out there is a gravity feed and then the one that draws the paint from a jar. I think she will be using differ colors a lot. Since project will be small, Tombstones , wig heads. The gravity feed looks like it would be easier to clean. Dose any have experience with them? I mean if you could pick , which one would you get.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Lord of the Cemetery
2,080 Posts
Hi Brushe.
Like Scourge, my weapon of choice is the Iwata. It's a great all round tool, very versatile and easy to maintain. I have had mine for several years and it continues to serve me well.
I'm not familiar with the brand in the link (Powercat), but, looking at the spec it seems to be fairly good value for money, . Plus it comes with the compressor and that all important moisture trap.

· Lord of the Cemetery
2,080 Posts
Sounds like you're all good to go, Terra!
Apart from the larger cup, I think the specs of the BS and CS are more or less the same. I find my BS Eclipse an admirable tool for the fine detail work I require on my figures.I find it gives good coverage up to around 2" or so.
If you are using your CS for larger areas, such as full scale props you may wish to consider purchasing a larger (0.5mm) needle, nozzle and cap for a broader application.

· Lord of the Cemetery
2,080 Posts
Brushe and Terra..I'm delighted that you both chose Iwata airbrushes. :D(No...I'm not on a commission before anybody asks):rolleyes:
I'm sure you will be happy with your choice. They are an excellent tool and will give you many years of good service. I'm looking forward to seeing some of your work, as I'm sure are all the rest of the contributors to this thread.
Remember, practice makes perfect..and this cannot be overstated when it comes to airbrushing. Practice, practice and practice some more.

Best of luck to you both.

(Terra, I'm sure a 0.5mm needle is available for the CS. I purchased mine a couple of years ago although it was from a store, not on line.
You may well find that your airbrush gives the coverage you require as it is, but if you are struggling let me know and I'll see what I can find).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.