Halloween Forum banner

Need Air Brush Help

2685 Views 24 Replies 9 Participants Last post by  [email protected]
I wanted to get my wife a air brush for Mothers Day. Well I have found out there is a gravity feed and then the one that draws the paint from a jar. I think she will be using differ colors a lot. Since project will be small, Tombstones , wig heads. The gravity feed looks like it would be easier to clean. Dose any have experience with them? I mean if you could pick , which one would you get.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Hauntless
9,669 Posts
Brushe, I hope it's okay that I'm asking so many questions on your thread. I've been eyeballing air brushes for some time now. Now that I know I can use my current air compressor I'm going to go ahead and take the plunge.

Dark lord, thanks for all those tips. I am completely green in this area and I could use any gotchas that you can think of.

Baron, Scourge and Dark lord: You guys talking up Iwata so much makes me want to go ahead and get one of these. Scourge, I looked at the HP-BS. Then it seems that perhaps the HP-CS would be better for me. From what I can tell, it will let me do more painting without refilling. Do I have that right? Generally I will be using this to paint props and close detail work of prop heads.

So, if the Iwata HP-CS is the one for me, I found it for $120 at TCP-Global. In my cart I also have:

Mini regulator, gauge and Water Trap Combo for $20: Item Detail

Iwata Air Brush Cleaning System (has a built-in air-brush holder) for $25 and 10' straight tubing.

Do I need to change anything, need anything more and will I be good to go to start painting?

Thanks all for your help. I'm getting very excited to get my hands on this stuff. My vampiress is getting close to getting her make-up job and I wanted to use this for her :)

· Hauntless
9,669 Posts
Thank you all so much for the great advice and thanks brushe for letting me hog your thread.

I'm starting to think that I will eventually want two airbrushes. One for close detail work and a larger one for bigger props. For now, I'm gonna see if I can get away with the Iwata HP-CS for both jobs. Oh, I will also add a new respirator mask (thanks Dark lord) to the cart.

Baron, I looked to see if a .5 mm needle was available for the HP-CS and I didn't see one. So I'm then assuming that's why I will want to eventually get another airbrush for those larger jobs?

By the way. Last night while the hubby was watching a HORRIBLE movie (Starship Troopers 3) I watched dozens of airbrushing videos on You Tube. That is a cool way to see them in action. Everyone used the gravity feed airbrushes so that's the direction I'm gonna go.

I'm so excited to get my new toy! Daddywoofdog, you are making me blush :eek: and thanks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.