Halloween Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Powered by Unicorn Blood
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the tabs on this momentary micro switch are very small. I am going to use it to switch a bank of 3-5 LEDs on and off. How do I make a connection to it...? My initial thoughts are to use a small gauge wire and ramp the temp up on my iron and just go for it, then secure it with hot glue.

Thoughts 1.jpg photo.jpg ?

·
Registered
361 Posts
I'm not a pro, but this technique works for me. I use a 40 watt soldering iron. I melt a little solder on on the tip, I then touch the melted solder onto the part that I'm soldering then add new solder to the part I'm soldering right away. Repeat this to your wire. After both have solder on them touch the 2 pieces together and touch the soldering iron, his will melt them together.

·
BAD INFLUENCE
11,453 Posts
Is it necessary that you use that exact switch? the reason I ask is that is a surface mount switch that is meant to be soldered on a circuit board. I would go for the correct style switch, but if you can't use the small gauge wire as you stated .

·