Halloween Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

My chiller (I have two) is sticking out like a sore white thumb. I dont really want to paint it as I suspect the PVC will look terrible next year.

What can I put up to hide the PVC?

Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks,
Rich

·
Warlock
1,369 Posts
I'd just paint it and touch it up if necessary next year. Or you could drape it in dorp, burlap, black cloth, opr cammo net. To really hide it, you need to make a prop for that purpose and I don't think you have enough time to do it justice.

Please post a pic of your solution.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Maybe a black sheet would work. Im not sure where to get a large burlap cloth but I will stop by one of those "home" stores to see what I can use.

·
Bête noire
2,631 Posts
I used burlap over my chiller and it hid it nicely.

As a matter of fact, I ran burlap along the length of my irrigation tube (from my chiller) and it really helped to keep the fog low. I hadn't even put ice in the chiller yet and it was hugging the ground.
Gibber,
Not to hijack the thread, but what type of irrigation pipe are you using? I plan to use a 4" X 10' perf'd drainage pipe filled with frozen water bottles. Just curious...

·
Registered
29 Posts
I used spanish moss and branches to hide mine. You could do the same with cheese cloth and branches. We just had a hurricane not long ago here and branches were everywhere so I saved some for my haunted yard.

·
Registered
13,781 Posts
From your picture I actually didn't see the chiller but just the pvc pipe. As for the pvc pipe maybe some vines would help and blend in with the green shrubs.

From what I read Krylon Camoflage Ultra Flat Black spray paint does a great job on ice coolers. No need to sand or prime. I've bought some to spray my chiller but haven't done so yet.

·
Don't Drink and Fly!!
2,959 Posts
I agree with painting it, spray paint really does hold pretty well to the plastic pipe. And/or some burlap or black "creepy cloth" especially at night should do fine.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Otaku, i use the 3 inch irrigation tubing with the small slits in it. I think I got it at home depot pretty cheaply. I taped the top of the tube so the fog would only flow out through the sides.

I tried putting frozen water bottles in the tubing but found that I didn't like the way the fog came out. I actually just dumped the frozen water bottles in the chiller itself so I wouldn't have to keep refilling it with ice. It worked well.

Frankly, I was surprised how well the burlap and irrigation tubing worked even without being chilled. It was a cold night here in Seattle and the fog still held very low to the ground. I think the Froggy's Swamp Juice helped as well.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts