Halloween Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We had this plan for my daughter (2) this, her third halloween.

However, she was in the store with me, and expressed a desire to be a witch. This, with the costume right next to all the disney princess costumes, SHE wants to be a "WITCH, no princess". Because Alice is a witch...but that's a long story with Alice...

Well, beaming with joy and all aside...I'm having trouble finding a costume. She's in a 2T, but we could probably swing a 3T. NONE of the costumes around the big stores have a 'witch' in that size.

By witch, I mean a CLASSIC witch. NO cutesy poo "candy corn witch" or no little smiling silly spiders and black cats decorating the costume.

Thus, I'm opting for trying to find a dark colored DRESS, and a hat. The hat, I have covered. It's surprisingly difficult to find toddlers dresses that are not all bright colored happy town things...:confused:

Any suggestions where to go from those with more experience shopping for these female things? (family of 3 brothers, my first 2 were boys, this whole dress thing is new)

·
Registered
414 Posts
I'm picturing a dress and buttoned up shoes like the ones small children wore during the Victorian era. Maybe a vintage shop would have something. You should be able to find leggings in her size (black, green, orange). I hope you post a picture of your little Halloween gem all dressed up. :D

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
7,282 Posts
AAAAAH! I had a LONG typed out and researched post that just DISAPPEARED due to the server timeout! :mad:

~sigh~

Okay, take 2:

Wizard of Oz Dress Up Trunk Kit
I've heard good things about this site, but they don't have a toddler sized costume, just the dress-up stuff. :(

Amazon.com: Toddler Traditional Witch Costume Dress with Hat: Apparel
This one looks pretty good!

Amazon.com: Adorable Witch Toddler Costume: Toys & Games
Cute, more traditional style, but has feathers on the hem and sleeves.

Amazon.com: LI'L Miss Witch Toddler: Office Products
Definitely better than the "poofy princess" witches... good price....

Regular dresses:

Big Girls (Sizes 4-14) - | Children's Clothing | Kids Clothes | The Children's Place
Good site (so I've heard; I don't have kids) and this dress is a possible, but not sure it comes in her size.

Baby Girls (Sizes 6m-4T) - | Children's Clothing | Kids Clothes | The Children's Place
Nice jumper that can be paired with colored tights and long sleeved shirt (orange/purple/green) and topped off with a witch hat. Can also be worn plenty of other times besides Halloween. ;)

If it was me, I would find a friend handy with a sewing machine and get a pattern and fabric and get the exact costume you like. It would be under $20 and no cutesy stuff on there unless SHE wants it. ;)

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
She's bewitching, UnOrthodox! What a doll. I'm so glad to see someone so young want to be spooky, not princessy. I work in The Costume Shop during the season and very rarely see such a young one be anything but a princess. Great family shot, btw.

·
Mummy Dearest
1,149 Posts
Love the pictures. The only time my daughter was cute was when she was 2 and she was Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz. Ever since, Zumba, Mummy, Vampire, Vampire, Burn victim. I'm am such a proud mom. Even though there was a time I wish I could put her in something cute.

I love how your witch costume turned out. She's adorable.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts