Halloween Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last year my wife and I came up with a neat way to decorate our house. I bought a couple of 3ft black lights and put them in the flower bed in front of the house, but hid them behind the flowers. This made the light shine up on the front of the house. Then we took some sponge paint brushes and painted on the house with laundry detergent (soap). It worked great and made a neat effect, but the detergent would disappear after a day or two. I would imagine it was from being washed off by the condensation in the morning air, considering the grass was always wet.

Does anyone have any other ideas similar to this, but without being prone to disappearing so easily? Obviously it needs to come off the house after Halloween, so paint is out of the question. We have white steel siding on our house, fwiw.

Thanks!!!

·
Registered
530 Posts
Does the paint actually have to come off, or just not be visible? The reason I ask is that you could use invisible black light paint that goes on clear and doesn't show up under normal light. You'd never see it all year...just like it wasn't there. Either that or the white black light paint that shows white under normal light, so blends in with white paint, but glows under black light.

Or maybe using the black light hair spray? It's more tenacious than laundry detergent, but it's designed to wash out of hair, so using soap removes it, but it doesn't just disappear with water. I'm not sure how long it would last for, but it wont' be permanent.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts