Halloween Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Good Ghoul Gone Bad
747 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, so I've got a couple of sticks of 3" pvc pipe and I was going to make them into 3' stanchions to direct my ToTs this year to my "handout" station.

I need some good ideas on how to "do them up". I was going to paint them black of course, and maybe top each one off with a skull or pumpkin. Also, I was trying to think of a chain or rope alternative between the stanchions. At least I hope that's what they're called cause thats what I'm calling them.

Any ideas - or what would you do with the pipe? It's too big for a prop frame, IMHO.

·
Shadow Crosser
741 Posts
I think it depends on what you top them off with and the look you want. The chains are pretty traditional, but you could also use the fake barb wire and make it look fence like if you wanted. I can see two rows of bwire and the pvc painted a rusty color to look like old pipe. Paint what ever you top with the same color and if you use toppers that are big enough, put the battery tea light candles inside.

Just another idea.

·
livin Halloween every day
1,989 Posts
I used these skulls for my cemetary fence. They look very good are fairly cheap and easy to work with. Check them out here.Cryptic Imports, creators of Cryptic Skulls, the affordable human skull prop for the halloween, haunted attraction, and theatrical industries

For the chain idea you could just use the simple plastic chain from lowes or some similar place and just use eye hooks into the pvc to hook the chains to. Or maybe you could use some simple wood slats and screw them right into the pvc stantion.

·
Registered
576 Posts
What's your theme of your haunt? That can help tailor the stantions so they match.

You could cut several curved lines in the pipe and put a red or orange light inside in the bottom, illuminating it from the inside. Paint the outside black, top with a hollow skull or pumpkin that has a tea light inside.

I agree with the plastic chain. It's lightweight and will not tip over your stantions. You could hang small skulls, bats, or skeletons every foot or so on the chain like garland.

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
If you can find clear plastic skulls then put a tea light inside the pole it will glow the skull from underneath. Or use hot glue on a pvc cap on the top and attach a winged bat for movement. Or just alternate different things like bats, skulls, and pumpkins. Don't know how creapy you want to do it. You could make a few pointy ones and attach fake "meat" hanging off it or light bloody cloth hanging from the barbed wire. You can also drill holes in the poles and have the lights shining out if you use a tea light.

·
Good Ghoul Gone Bad
747 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the ideas you guys - I think I'm definitely going to make holes or cutouts in the pipe and light them from below.

·
Registered
293 Posts
If you don't want to use chains, maybe you could use vines. (I do like the barbed wire idea tho)

nice pics Great Pumpkin

1 - 8 of 8 Posts