Halloween Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a suggestion of what prop I can integrate this poem from Cemetery Man/Dellamorte Dellamore into? It seems too long for a tombstone.

Death, death, death comes sweeping down.
Filthy death, the leering clown.
Death on wings, death by surprise,
Failing evil from worldly eyes.
Death that's born as life succumbs,
While death and love two kindred drums
Beat the time to judgment day.
An actor in a passion play,
without beginning, without end.
Evermore.
Amen.

·
Hauntless
8,371 Posts
Well the traditional: Reapers and zombies. Reapers for the obvious reason. But, to me, zombies as the epitome of death. They are very slow and if you move quickly (eat right, exercise) you can avoid them - for a while. But in the end, they will always get you.

·
Registered
195 Posts
What about a series of Tomb Stones along a path, each one containing 2 of the lines? Or are you looking for a charactor for this?... if so what about a Grave digger reciting it in the middle of a graveyard?

·
Registered
537 Posts
How about a large stone slab with a zombie or reaper behind it holding it up.

I did a slab with a pile of bones at the bottom and a pike with a head on it in the front.

·
Registered
3,633 Posts
Near my real burial plots there is a giant stone book( I suppose it is a bible but I never paid any attention)anyway...it is in the open position so you could do a large monument like this and have half the poem on each side.

·
Warlock
1,369 Posts
A large monument. Many tombs have fairly long passages inscrbed on them--verses from the Bible, poems, specific cause of death, familial connections. this really isn't that long if people have the leisure to read it. Also consider an audio track like a ghostly voice from a crypt or a talking reaper.

·
Reaper
3,611 Posts
You could mak a very large tombstone. Or stretch the poem out over seveal of them. If you wanted to have a Halloween character holding it up, a skeleton, reaper or zombie could hold a plaque or a scroll. Or you could have them recite it if you were feeling very inventive :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts