Halloween Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This year for the room I'm working in a haunted house I plan on having an altered voice play as people come through. I am however having a bit of trouble with finding a good voice altering program. I have used both Adobe Audition 3 and Audacity, and find that the result is usually fairly bad. I'm looking for programs good for altering voice recording, to make them sound say...like a demonic summoner(An example would be this sound)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I use a variety of effects such as pitch bender, full reverb, convolution reverb, and echo.

·
Satan's Best Friend
663 Posts
Sorry to hear you are having issues with your desired effect. I listened to your sample, and Adobe Audition should be able to take care of your needs.
Are you recording the voice?
If so, may I ask what type of microphone you are using?
Also, what type of analog to digital converter are you using to get the voice into your computer?

As I listen to your sample I hear:
1. A professional Voice-over artist(with no pitch-shift).
2. The voice has been placed in a reverberant large hall with approximately a 2 second decay time.
3. Then the whole track(with reverb) had a 1 second delay added to it.

Hope this helps...

Cab

·
Registered
75 Posts
There is a plugin for Adobe Audition that I use frequently for voice effects, but I can't remember what it is right now since I'm at work. When I get home, I'll check it out and let you know.

Can I ask what you don't like about the end result? Is it too phony? Too garbled? What are you looking to improve on?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cab said:
Are you recording the voice?
If so, may I ask what type of microphone you are using?
Also, what type of analog to digital converter are you using to get the voice into your computer?
Yes, I record my voice with a Optimus Omnidirectional Imp. By converter I'm guessing you mean my sound card? It's an integrated SoundMAX card.

Cab said:
As I listen to your sample I hear:
1. A professional Voice-over artist(with no pitch-shift).
2. The voice has been placed in a reverberant large hall with approximately a 2 second decay time.
3. Then the whole track(with reverb) had a 1 second delay added to it.

Hope this helps...
Thanks, that should help a bit.

jtohm said:
Can I ask what you don't like about the end result? Is it too phony? Too garbled? What are you looking to improve on?
It sounds phony, garbled, and unprofessional all at the same time.

jtohm said:
Okay, it's AVOX Evo Mutator. You can go here to check it out: HERE.
I'll give it a go, but from the sound of the samples, I'm not sure if I'll be able to get it to do what I want.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts