1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
livin Halloween every day
1,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Insert Witty Comment Here
4,484 Posts
does it matter which neck massager you use...I have a homemedic one I need to start on, but I also see similar ones at the thrift stores for $5 a pop

·
livin Halloween every day
1,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I dont think it matters too much as the one i got was alot different than the one spooky sam had. Mine did not have plastic ball ends that i could get off easilly. The one i had was hard steel cups and i had a very hard time getting them off the rotor arms. I ground down the round cup inserts so that they fit tight in the pvc neck and arm and it gave my head a very cool turning motion with the movement. This prop was harder to build than i thought it would be because of the fact that there is so much variation in how you control the movement. I spent hours messing with it to get it the way i liked it.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I don't think so. I was at the thrift store and saw the Homedic one most people seem to be using for $10. But right next to it was this one: Homedics Shiatsu Neck & Shoulder Massager at HSN.com
for $5.
Being the.....frugal..person I am, I bought the $5 one.
I'll try and get some pictures this weekend. It has a 2 direction switch - basically forward and reverse- which can affect how the prop moves. I think its just the basic principle of the movement that is important.

Good Luck!

·
crossfit zombie
7,491 Posts
I dont think it matters too much as the one i got was alot different than the one spooky sam had. Mine did not have plastic ball ends that i could get off easilly. The one i had was hard steel cups and i had a very hard time getting them off the rotor arms. I ground down the round cup inserts so that they fit tight in the pvc neck and arm and it gave my head a very cool turning motion with the movement. This prop was harder to build than i thought it would be because of the fact that there is so much variation in how you control the movement. I spent hours messing with it to get it the way i liked it.
The movement is tricky.We fooled with ours for hours also.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts