Halloween Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the start of my The Nightmare Before Christmas props....at this point I am just free styling this since this is my first attempt at making props...any kind of suggestion is more than welcome...one is sally and the other is the mayor.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
This is the build up of the mayor's head...right now I am trying to make sure that he is even on all sides...since I don't want him to be lope sided...the only part I have mache so far is the inside of his head the rest of it has been duct taped and stuffed with paper...I will post my progress with Sally soon...

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Update on Sally...watching the movie for the fifth time I realized that Sally face is alot more circular than what I remembered...so this time I added more paper to the side of her face to make it more oval...now I am trying to remember if she had cheekbones or not...evrytime I look at her it seems that she does but other times she doesn't...Oh well I guess mine will.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Making Sally was supposed to be on my list for this year, I opted for a plywood cutout and painted it instead, maybe next year, hope you can pull it off, looking good so far!
Here's my Sally, well my wife painted most of it...

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you litemareb4xmas....your sally looks really good...I can only hope that mine will be just as successful.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here is Sally with her upper body... I can already see I am going to have a problem with setting her up on my pvc pipes...I think it's too narrow and light and might not be able to hold her weight....it's 3/4 in width ans it stands 5 feet tall...but I will give it another trail and see what happens...

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well this is her getting mached in blue gift wrapping paper! I like how it look so far just wish she looked neater. I don't think using wood glue was wise because the yellow gunks shows...but other than that I can't complain.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I tried using wall paper paste because it dries clear and it works well with the gift wrapping paper but it's tempermental...when it's hot and suny it dries real quick...but if it's a muggy day it takes forever.
So far I am just layering the props with mache...the bodies are still under construction. There are other things that are coming together...the huge pumpkin for the pumpkin patch and a miscellaneous witch character I created as the others were drying.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts