Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Funeral Crasher
7,443 Posts
That's a great idea, Cathy! I never thought about re-creating one of those boring historical marker signs.
That'll look excellent after it's painted!

·
>^..^<
797 Posts
You mean you're not going to leave it refrigerator-alphabet color? :D

That looks great - the font looks just like the kind they use on those signs.

·
Registered
3,635 Posts
I see you've been raiding your daughters classroom....poor kiddies...LOL! Looks great...I say go for black w/bronze lettering.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Great idea! I can't wait to see it finished. I vote for the black and gold ;)

·
Wee bit Wicked
2,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thank you everyone. :) :)
Took me over 25 hours to just cut the letters (from craft foam) out on that thing. My poor arthritic hands. :D
tumblin- great looking sign. :) But having it printed for you is cheatin'. LOL j/k

·
Crawling in my skin
2,236 Posts
Nice job cathy on the sign. Will look great painted. I can't believe you cut them all out......so patient and perfect! One thing that would look good on it. Get some thick wire that you can still bend and make a scroll design on the top of it to give it a wrought iron feel.......making your arthritic hands work even more:p

·
Lighthearted Halloween
3,795 Posts
That is BRILLIANT!!! Wow! Talk about 'setting the scene'.

I too think the black with bronze would look fantastic. Is there a standard color for historical markers in your state? (I have no idea about this ~ the thought just popped into my head.)

I cannot believe you handmade all the letters. Now that's commitment!! Love it! Thank you for sharing!!

·
Registered
106 Posts
I love this idea! I do believe the black with gold lettering would look sharp!!! This gives a haunt a certain authenticity!!!

·
Wee bit Wicked
2,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thank you everyone . :)
Dave- LOL. Unfortunately, you are correct. LOL
Halloween Lady- lol... I'm sure I have a smart a$$ comment about tumblin, but I just can't think of it right now. :D j/k

Well, still have to do some touch- ups. Then I think I'll spray it with a satin clear spray. But this is it for now. I used gold spray paint for the letters , so I have been huffing all day. :D I should do that more often.. way cheaper than alcohol. :D To all the kiddies out there: I am kidding. ;) (yeah right. I legally have to put in a disclaimer. :D)

·
Crawling in my skin
2,236 Posts
WOW you always amaze me at your work cathy!!! That will look awesome for you hospital......

·
Funeral Crasher
7,443 Posts
Wow! That thing look REAL, Cathy! Did you spray paint the letters then hand paint the black background?

Great job and idea!! And I thought you were taking a break from Halloween! I'm gld that's not true. LOL

1 - 20 of 46 Posts