Halloween Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Lots of great props. Love those thank you boxes at the end. Just when you think it's over lol. Great haunt.

·
Soccer and Lacrosse Dad
1,767 Posts
Ah, dark Disney at it's Best. I enjoyed your builds throughout the year, nice to see them together. How many compressors did you use throughout the haunt, and what was their total volume.

PS Great Job.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you everyone :-D
So much fun that night. We used 2 compressors (one 33 gallon, one 15 gallon) and one 11 gallon reserve tank. I didn't use any additional power source, just the regular 110 outlets. But we made sure the two compressors were not on the same circuit. It worked out well. Each prop had its own regulator (helped a lot!). Most of the props worked very well at 40 psi. We had 14 pneumatic props going and a few friends playing their parts. I sure wish I could do a haunt every week, LOL.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi foolishmortal, I don't make these for a living, but I wish I did, hehe. I used some LEDs from Spirit Halloween (which were ok). And used HalloweenFXprops LEDs (which were much better and precise). I also used a mixture of different black lights. But the best ones were from Lowe's (CFCs and a cone). I'm still experimenting with lighting. I hope to get better with this next year.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Oh, most of the props were hooked up to the ScubaSpook prop controllers. Very nice controllers, indeed!

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Lots of great props. Love those thank you boxes at the end. Just when you think it's over lol. Great haunt.
Hi Candee, yes actually people did think it was over, LOL. Some of the toughest people to startle during the haunt did jump at the end with those boxes. Such fun!!

·
Registered
13,769 Posts
Enjoyed your haunt movie Dave. Nice look with the different camera footage. Lots of animation which I'm sure the kids totally ate up. I was amazed to see what you did to GR's Victoria. Never seen her like that before! Great ending with the boxes. Impressive second year. What was your first year like?

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi Ghost of Spookie. Thank you for the compliment. I'm glad you enjoyed the movie. I'm not great at editing with iMovie. I'm sure I will get better with it eventually. Yes the trick or treaters and others enjoyed my haunt. Heck, I enjoyed my haunt, LOL.
Haha, you noticed Victoria from GR!! Cool!! I liked her static look but I thought she'd look better as an animated grave mourner. I had a lot of people ask how I got her to turn like that. I did a lot of explaining that night :)
The boxes at the end were fun. People really did think the haunt was over (which was the effect I wanted). My first haunt was good but needed improvements. Although I had fun, I learned a few things from that. Lighting and prop placement is very important. I'm still learning to make more improvements for next year. Plus I have a few more prop ideas I think will be fun to build and a little more interactive.
Again, thank you, and everyone, for the feedback.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Awesome, awesome, awesome! Ok so where is your choice place to buy pneumatic cylinders and solenoids? You have so many of them that I am sure you have found a cheap source!

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hi madmangt! Thank you for the compliment :)
My first choice for cylinders, solenoids, and tubing accessories would be HalloweenFXprops. They usually carry a specific size I need. Sometimes I get lucky and find a used cylinder I need on eBay. For cylinder accessories (cylinder mounts) I go here.... http://www.automationdirect.com/
I guess I have more than one source. I love to save money where I can :-D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts