Halloween Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hired a team of Amish roofers to replace and repair my roof. Under the area where they were working ia a raised porch under which I keep my garden tools, plastic 5 gallon buckets, hoses, etc. There was also a full sized plastic skull with a hinged jaw and some old mannequin arms and legs. After I came home from work- and just after the roofers left for the day, I noticed the skull resting under a pine tree- but in plain sight- in my driveway... far from the porch side of my house.

Hmmmm...

Theories anyone?

So far, I'm thinking-

A. One crew guy wanted a souvenir but had to jettison it for some reason. (boss was looking?)

B. Superstition deemed the skull was evil and it needed to be removed from the work area.

C. The guys took their lunch in the driveway and the skull was involved in some sort of practical joke.

I'm leaning towards C,

In any case. Mr. Skull is sleeping in my locked garage now. ;)

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
I'm guessing C also. Are the arms and legs still there. I'm not sure how I'd feel about people messing with my Halloween props. Are they coming back tomorrow?

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They will be back tomorrow. I'd tossed the skull in amongst a collection of odds and ends. - half of which should be in a dumpster. So it's not as if it were being treated like a valued possession. But yeah, I'm not crazy about them touching anything not theirs. The mannequin parts are still there. But I took in a couple of boxes of antique bottles tonight. Y'never know. ;)

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
I call that "Jungle Economics",just walking down the trail,"Oh an apple, I'm hungry,I'll eat it now." No definite land ownership of legal descriptions or anything,nobody planted or took care of the "garden" so it's "free" to the Hungry.. but most of us live in a society where expectations of work-pay-value of every item is assumed to be there and a measured payment made to.... somebody?

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
I was thinking since they came back today, I was going to suggest you set up a skeleton without a head. Then a sign that said, I can't find my head. or My head is missing. Do you know who took my head? Can you help me find my head? Something light or funny. If you knew how to do recordings it would be great if the skeleton said it. I don't think they meant anything bad. They were probably surprised to find a skull and limbs. I bet there aren't a lot of places they find those.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts