Halloween Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've always seen other haunters posting their hacked Squawkers on here but never wanted to commit to a pirate theme, so this year I finally decided to make my own zombie squawkers to fit into my graveyard theme. I built a cage for him that should hopefully fit into the rest of my haunt well.

Special thanks to J-Man for making the Squawkers Talker board to make the hacking portion super simple!

He has a 6 minute loop of cheesy zombie bird musings, but here is a preview:

And some pictures:

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks all! Much appreciated!

Awesome work! Where did you get the audio? I really like the exposed bones - a tutorial on that would be great!
The audio is custom, I wrote a script and had someone record it. A good excuse to sit around thinking of zombie bird jokes.

For the exposed bones I just clipped some off of some spare dollar tree skeleton birds I had and then cut some holes in the squawkers fur and placed them in. The only difficult portion was the wings because there is a plastic structure underneath to make sure they're rigid when they flap, so I had to be sure and not remove anything too integral and make sure they were still strong enough with the bones in.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Thanks all! Much appreciated!

The audio is custom, I wrote a script and had someone record it. A good excuse to sit around thinking of zombie bird jokes.

For the exposed bones I just clipped some off of some spare dollar tree skeleton birds I had and then cut some holes in the squawkers fur and placed them in. The only difficult portion was the wings because there is a plastic structure underneath to make sure they're rigid when they flap, so I had to be sure and not remove anything too integral and make sure they were still strong enough with the bones in.
Really awesome idea. What technique did you use for aging him? Might have to do something similar with another Squawkers I have!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Not sure how I missed this. Outstanding! Fantastic work! Even the cage looks amazing! I've looked everywhere for a cage, never thought someone could build one this cool! And that bird, just wow!!! What a creative idea!

Wonder if this could be done in reverse? I have a skeleton owl from Big Lots from 2 years ago and couldn't figure out how to use it. His head moves so I might only be able to paint his head die to weight concerns but I could cover parts of the rest of him in feathers, this is inspiring!

Beautiful job!!

·
Registered
41 Posts
I've always seen other haunters posting their hacked Squawkers on here but never wanted to commit to a pirate theme, so this year I finally decided to make my own zombie squawkers to fit into my graveyard theme. I built a cage for him that should hopefully fit into the rest of my haunt well.

Special thanks to J-Man for making the Squawkers Talker board to make the hacking portion super simple!

He has a 6 minute loop of cheesy zombie bird musings, but here is a preview:

And some pictures:

Extremely nice work!! Did you make the bird or hack it? Movement is great.

View attachment 720970 View attachment 720971 View attachment 720972 View attachment 720973 View attachment 720974 View attachment 720975 View attachment 720976 View attachment 720977 View attachment 720978

1 - 15 of 15 Posts