Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
The fencing looks great. Lots of old beat up lumber. Will you store it in segments or take every piece completely down?
I am all about minimizing storage and I've avoided a real fence for lack of space ( I use long garden stakes spaced 6' apart, thick twine, and a gauze like fabric).

·
Oak Lane Cemetery
1,927 Posts
Do you use a tripod when you do your pics? If you don't have one, a step ladder will work. Just set your camera on a step and point it at what you want. You'll find it much easier to get sharper pics with the camera resting on something solid. In low light any tiny bit of shake or movement will blur the image, especially if your using a low light setting. You did get some good pics though. I really like your fence.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Ok sorry for the slow responses been working hard on getting hangman done... and he is post to come soon! Of coarse new pics as well.

TomC: I will be storing the fence and coffin on the side of my house where I have a bit of area that is completely unseen and unused. They will weather and do what they do naturally and should look even better next year. If they weather they way I want I may at some point shoot them with some varnish to keep them where I want them longer.

SpookyPK: Yeah I have just 1 75w incandescent flood at the "toe" of the coffin shinning up... I tried putting an LED in there but it was just not as rich or deep of color in the coffin and did not give the same effect you see here. So it was a group decision to keep the incandescent one in there.

Nightfisher: Yeah I said the exact same thing to my wife, using the exposure setting I was using it had an extended shutter time. I have a monopod I will use on the next set of pics when I get fog working and the hangman up!

Thanks for all the great comments and compliments! I am already, ready to start building some good tombstones for next year.... time to off the dollar tree stones!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts