Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Wow, that is quite a display! Seeing your horse-drawn hearse in the whole set up, I think you should leave the hearse white. It really jumps out and with the white horse, I think it makes sense to stay white.

I gasped at the aftermath of the wind storm. How did you end up stabilizing the wall? And what did you use to make the drips on the candles there? It looks really cool. I loved your vultures too, especially the one with feathers. Where did you get them?

Fantastic job!!

·
bone collector
3,167 Posts
Great setup, Boone!!! Looove the entrance, mausoleum wall, skellies, seriously coveting the horse drawn hearse.. I know on another thread you questioned giving the hearse a fresh coat of paint & maybe change of color-of course, to each his own, but the distressed white look is to die for! Could you use some kind of clear sealer instead of repainting?

Heartbreaking wind damage pics. We know how much work goes into the builds and setup-hate to see any haunter have that happen. Glad you were able to recoup and soldier on!

·
Registered
296 Posts
Holy Smokes!! What an awesome display! Do you make everything yourself? WOW!! Everything looks so good. I gasped when I saw the wind damage :( what a bummer. I love the one lonely blowmold, made me giggle.

·
Soccer and Lacrosse Dad
1,770 Posts
I am redoing my garage facade this year. I love the look of the skull wall. How did you produce them? I was thinking of doing a sand mold with GSF to give a roughened/worn skull look. Your technique looks perfect.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ok thanks to all for your response lets see if I can answer some of the questions as it is now raining and I cant work on the hears, [wickedwino the horse is
just blue insulation foam unpainted a blue led spot really makes it glow so I left it the green was from all the spray foam to put it together and thought aaa
it looks like ecto plasm so spayed it with florescent green worked out ok, I stabilized it by using firing strips anchored to the fence I set it up in front of , the drips
air whit cilcone and I used clear on the led to make them look like flames wish I would have gotten flicker leds though,
punkineater was just a thought about color surprised at the response to keep it white, as I am doing some repairs seemed like a good time to see
what the thoughts might be. picked up some dark bronze to do some of the trim though like the spider webs I am doing to replace the scallops.
tzgirls I've tride to if not modify the arch was originally purchased from sprits although all that is left of that is just the center columns everything else
was modiferd or redone, yea there are two blow molds the ghost and the led tombstone a bit of a favorite aspeacly how they photograph
doto the skull wall was done making a silicone mold done with window silicone and naphla to thine I think the tutorial is on here or youtube
originally used Christmas lights for the eyes but did my own leds in them last year they move to a music box and spay foam to secure and all around
now I have seen peaplde put lights behind the spray foam to look like embers I really wish I would have done that trying to think how I might fix that .
and again thanks to all for your questions and comments

·
Registered
124 Posts
You did a fantastic job. The pictures of the storm damage put a pit in my stomach.... I live in Oklahoma and know all too well about what wind can do! Great job on the recovery!

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
we get winds in the spring and fall all the time the damage cam before the Halloween setup it was a trial set up as I got it finished
tried to put pics in order

·
Registered
114 Posts
Awesome display. I love the details and really like how you added webbing to the big gutter spiderweb. I have one and feel like it gets lost in the yard. The added webbing really makes it stand out more!

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
i'm not sure what you mean matrixmom " par cans" its all insulation foam except the led candles and the column's are ply and 1x3
the blow molds are there for just a bit of whimsy for the kidos haven't read youtube comments but thanks for you response.
thanks harboe I am leaving it white but I have made a few changes will post a pic when done the main thing was to put real plywood
on the roof instead of underlayment,
thanks notthebatesmotel that was my dads Idea I did the large webbing with just some plastic rope I do think it made a deference as I had
up the web last year without the bag stuff and someone in the neiborhood thought it was new this last year

1 - 20 of 21 Posts