Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Monster Collector
3,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love werewolves. They've been my favorite classic monster since I was a kid and the original Universal The Wolf Man still remains my favorite to this day. Can't beat the classic! I have always been more preferential to a wolf "man" as opposed to the more animalistic werewolf. I did a pretty basic 2010 version wolfman costume a few years back but have always wanted to do something more detailed and, well, better. This is the year I'm doing it. This thread will document my road to accomplishing this.

First and foremost, I costume for the pure fun of it. I'm not one for "accuracy" or any of the other obsessive aspects that the costuming hobby can bring. So, having said that, let's begin. :)

The feet:

·
Monster Collector
3,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The mask I had made arrived today. Pics soon.

·
Registered
259 Posts
I'm confused. The mask you "made" arrived today? Not sure I understand...but I'm looking forward to seeing it. Looks like its going to be a GREAT costume. By-the-way...I'm partial to the classic Universal Monster films too. :)

·
Monster Collector
3,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm confused. The mask you "made" arrived today? Not sure I understand...but I'm looking forward to seeing it. Looks like its going to be a GREAT costume. By-the-way...I'm partial to the classic Universal Monster films too. :)

o, the mask I "had" made. It was a discontinued piece by Specter Studios. I contacted them to see if they still had any of the molds left and they did. It was an extra $15 charge for it being a special order, but it was so worth it.

This particular costume isn't going to be Chaney, but an updated rendition of the wolfman design. I've already done the Chaney wolfman. ;-)

·
Monster Collector
3,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Oh...was expecting a more humanoid look...

Something more like this?

Yeah, this is my classic. The one I'm currently working on is a more brutal version. The mask snout isn't as long as other "werewolf" masks out there. This was more of a mix of styles in my eyes.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Yeah, I'm actually surprised. I expected something that looked more "Wolf-Man" then "Wolf-Wolf." I do really do like your "classic" looking "Wolf-Man." Would love to do one of those myself. Is that on of the new masks?

Looking forward to seeing more of your new "brutal" one.

·
Monster Collector
3,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Those are actually just cheap costume gloves. Latex upper part with a nylon glove underneath.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Very COOL! I'm diggin the look. Can't wait to see it all put together.

Although I'm still very partial to the "classic" look. :)

·
Monster Collector
3,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The video for the upper body is uploading to youtube now. Should have it posted in a few hours.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts
About this Discussion
65 Replies
17 Participants
ActionJax
Halloween Forum
Halloween forum - Keeping the Halloween spirit alive 365 days a year. Discuss decorations, costumes and more!
Full Forum Listing