Halloween Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I decided to try my hand at sculpting, but wasn't ready to do a full head or anything like that. Instead, I decided to do wine bottle stoppers! This is my wine witch. I have a couple of Santa's that I wouldn't dare show on this site! :D
I am now in the process of making a black cat one as well, which is proving to be a bit of a challenge for me!
photo (2).jpg

·
Registered
232 Posts
I guess the armature is the stopper top itself? how do you not destroy it when taking the topper off?

looks awesome and inspires me to use up the mounds of sculpey I have leftover.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry for such a late response. Yes, it was created with Sculpey. I bought the stopper blank online. It's a stainless steel stopper that has a post on it so you can form your sculpture around it. I used foil as the armature. It saves materials and makes for a lighter stopper.
After baking the clay and painting it with acrylic paints, I put a varnish over it so it wouldn't stain or the paint wouldn't rub off, then glued it to the stopper blank. It doesn't budge.
I haven't had any problems with them breaking off of the stopper itself. That was why I bought the stopper blank with the post though. I figured it would be more secure.
Thanks for the comments!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts