Halloween Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few of you know what has been going on as I hold you all as what I call family to me. Thanks for the continued support that you guys give.

Im very saddened to say that last night my wife/my dearest friend lost her father.

If any can say a few prayers and maybe some send some positive thoughts this way for my wife, I thank you.

She lost her father last night due to Alzheimers. He was like her best friend. They were so close. This disease, in the matter of only a few short years has now taken him away from her. As much as she thought she was prepared for this, she wasn’t. He was very young, mid 60's. Always was full of peep and knowledge.

So if you guys could just say a prayer for her, I would much appreciate it.
Perhaps if she see’s some positive energy coming her way, it just may help her get through this hurting time.

Thanks guys

B

·
0 Posts
Sorry to hear about the loss, I was handed a piece paper by a lady at my girlfriends funeral that I still have in my wallet to this day, 23 years ago. She was a stranger, but made a huge impact on my life...perhaps it might help with the loss.

If you were once connected with someone, does it make sense that the connection is broken just because of a physical death? No, the connection stays. You may just have to listen differently. You may just have to talk differently. The truth is: the connection is never broken. It's quite impossible to break the most powerful connection in the universe. As long as you exist, the connection stays.

·
Going bump in the night..
3,388 Posts
My deepest sympathies for your wife and family - Alzheimers is so unfair to those left behind.
I hope she'll keep the good memories of him fresh, and let those that are less so fall to the wayside.
It's wonderful to hear they were friends...she can celebrate his life instead of feeling regret.

·
Pirate Princess
1,160 Posts
I lost my grandmother to alzheimers and my grandfather is showing signs of it as well( yet not officially diagnosed). It is the most heart breaking disease and I will be praying for your wife and family. I know you will get through this and you will lift her up. But don't forget that you need strength too and it is ok to reach out to someone during this. May God Bless you.

·
Master Crypt Keeper
2,735 Posts
My heart goes out to you and your family. I hope that she (and you) can think of all of the fond memories of years past and remember him that way.

I know that no matter what anybody says that it will be hard right now. Hopefully she can realize that there are a lot of people that care.

My wishes are with you and your family.

·
The Big Kahuna of Fright
4,328 Posts
Dead in his mid-sixties, what a shame. He didn't get a chance to experience the "Twilight Years". Sorry to hear about your family's loss.

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I want to express a great thank yous to everyone during this time were going through.

Im sitting here with my wife so she may read all the condolences you all extended to us.
Eyes filled with tears, as we are reading this, we want to say "thank you all for the support".
It means a lot.

·
Doomed to walk the earth
1,062 Posts
i 'm sorry for her loss and yours... I didn't know i'm sorry ..my prayers for your wife and for you and your family are well on their way ..you and your wife and family... always have a family to lean on here..may God bless and heal you and yours in this time of need
your friend Randy

·
MASTER OF ALL I SURVEY!
100,685 Posts
I am very sorry for your loss. I lost my father to cancer in January of 1990 and
my mother passed away Decemember 2002 and was laid to rest three days
before Christmas! I always remember something I was told when my father
passed away......

"As long as you remember them. they'll never completely die but will
live on in your heart."

·
Hauntingly Addicting
6,068 Posts
You and your wife are in my prayers:)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts