Halloween Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
My other ride is a Ninja
11,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i got two very cool vultures and wanted to build a perch for the to sit on here is how far i am

first nailed wood together like this

next it was foam time this is 3 cans then i let dry

then i flipped them upside down and sprayed what will be the underneath of the perch the one on the right is showing the underside sprayed. one on left is flipped right side up after they have dried.

next i sprayed more foam on the top on the sides

next will be painted to look more like rock and there will also be nesting stuff on top here is a pic of one of the vultures that will be sitting on it.

i will post more pics when i get it done :)

·
My other ride is a Ninja
11,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looking good there Saki.girl. The vulture looks great. What are your plans for the base now that you've covered it in foam?
Next is to paint the foam grays and black to give it a rock like look. Then will be adding a bit of nesting material to the top also

·
My other ride is a Ninja
11,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Not done ran out of spray paint will go get some today to finish. Desided to go with the lava rock look I will be dulling down the red a bit more then next is add nest and get some bones to lay on bottom half and ground
Tree Floor Sculpture Flooring Games

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
An actual Eagle nest 15 miles from is a huge construction weighing possibly as much as several 1,000 pounds! It looks to be maybe 12 feet long and 3 feet thick.
The Eagles just hang their rear over the edge and let-it-go,making streaks down the side.
This was at Lock & Dam 13 near Fulton, Illinois,close to the widest part of the entire Mississippi River (3 miles wide)

Reactions: Saki.Girl

·
Oak Lane Cemetery
2,167 Posts
We have turkey vultures and black buzzards around here. The turkey vultures are HUGE. Vultures are one of the last critters I would want hanging around my yard! lol There is a boat ramp near me where they congregate and destroy peoples cars and boats by tearing off the wipers trim, and god forbid they get inside a vehicle. The seats and interior trim get mauled then. And then there is the poop. Poop everywhere and covering any vehicle they target. All it takes is the scent of a fast food bag or some other tasty morsel and your vehicle is done. Fish and game usually shoots one every month or so and hangs it in a tree in the parking lot. Seems to deter them from hanging around if one of their own is on display. They have tried trapping, noise cannons, dogs, and a few other means of harassing them to leave, but for some reason they just keep coming back to this one particular boat ramp. Literally hundreds of them. Oh, almost forgot, if they are in a tree you walk under they will puke on you to chase you away. I would like for that owl that gave us a flyover one night last year to hang out and make some noise though. That would be awesome!

·
My other ride is a Ninja
11,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Wow we don't have them around here. I have never seen one before. But man they sound messy I never new that about them wow
We have turkey vultures and black buzzards around here. The turkey vultures are HUGE. Vultures are one of the last critters I would want hanging around my yard! lol There is a boat ramp near me where they congregate and destroy peoples cars and boats by tearing off the wipers trim, and god forbid they get inside a vehicle. The seats and interior trim get mauled then. And then there is the poop. Poop everywhere and covering any vehicle they target. All it takes is the scent of a fast food bag or some other tasty morsel and your vehicle is done. Fish and game usually shoots one every month or so and hangs it in a tree in the parking lot. Seems to deter them from hanging around if one of their own is on display. They have tried trapping, noise cannons, dogs, and a few other means of harassing them to leave, but for some reason they just keep coming back to this one particular boat ramp. Literally hundreds of them. Oh, almost forgot, if they are in a tree you walk under they will puke on you to chase you away. I would like for that owl that gave us a flyover one night last year to hang out and make some noise though. That would be awesome!

·
Registered
573 Posts
We have turkey vultures here, don't know of anywhere where they congregate but you have to be careful driving. If they are hanging out on the road they wait until the last possible second to fly off. I've heard of people hitting them and having them go through their windshield and make a huge mess.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts