Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife and I have been watching Face-Off for the past few seasons and we really like the show. I mentioned to her that I would like to try sculpting. For my birthday she bought me a couple of starter kits like this one….

She also bought the Neanderthal kit. I started the Neanderthal kit and this is what it looked like in a couple of hours…..

My wife started the Nefertiti kit and this is how it looked like in a few hours…

Bwahahaha!!

·
Soccer and Lacrosse Dad
1,767 Posts
You guys look like you are off to a great start.

Do the kits come with step by step directions? I'd love to sculpt but my artistic ability doesn't match my artistic visions. I fear money invested in sculpting supplies would be money further proving my lack of artistic ability.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Doto....Yes it comes with instructions, the clay is very cheap. We even went to Hobby Lobby and picked up some more for less than $20. I don't have the skills but it's fun just playing around with it.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Looking good. And it looks like you two could have fun working on it together. Kind of a couples date night thing.

·
Registered
20,825 Posts
Those are pretty awesome, ReaperRick. Is Nefertiti auditioning for a part in the new Haunted Mansion, though?;)

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
I knew someone who tried and worked and studied for years sculpting. One day his mentor said:"If your next sculpt doesn't improve enough, then you may as well just hang it up, quit."
His sculpt showed that he HAD "Turned the Corner" and was now doing much better work! It would have been a real shame if he had gotten embarrassed, frustrated and merely quit.
You will never know what you can do unless you try, and sometimes try and try and try!
I have seen the person I referred to here make a recognizable head from grey clay in just 25 minutes. Recognizable without hair, eyebrows or skin color!

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Nice the way you have done the smile and the teeth are going to make it. Wicked little cuss. Can't wait for the finish. Good job.

·
Hauntingly Addicting
6,068 Posts
Wow those look amazing! We have quite the talented haunters on this forum:)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts