Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello every one. My name is Jimi and this is my second post on the cool forum. I've been a lurker for some time and never really had the courage to post. But that has to come to a stop. I been reading lots of post and every one seems to have nice comments to say about every ones props. Well just wanted to share my version of Halloween. Hope you guys like. I'll be posting some other pics as I finish with my other props.
Enjoy...

Home made chain link fence.

my zombies that I made my self. The heads were purchased from Terror Syndicate. They came naked and I dressed and painted my self. The bodys are made of PVC, chicken wire, news paper, duct tape, construction adhesive for the rot look and wood stain.

Thanks for looking. :)

·
Horror off the Highway
1,795 Posts
Holey moley! I am in total awe over all your home made props!! May I borrow a few ideas for next year? I think I'd like to try........well everything, lol!

Would you be able to put a tutoral up please?:D

·
Hauntless
8,344 Posts
Why in the world have you been lurking? Your props are fantastic! The skull fence is brilliant using the flicker candles like you did. The zombies look extra spooky dressed. Then we could talk about your lighting and photography. Please stay here, I love your work!

·
Registered
238 Posts
Those really are fantastic! Your use of lighting is incredibly well done! LOVE the skulls on the posts - something about those with the palm trees behind them....very creepy! Awesome!

·
Bog Body
1,474 Posts
WOW that's amazing. great work! your lighting and zombies and everything are wonderful. i am diggin the brains zombie hardcore!

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Why in the world have you been lurking? Your props are fantastic! The skull fence is brilliant using the flicker candles like you did. The zombies look extra spooky dressed. Then we could talk about your lighting and photography. Please stay here, I love your work!

Yeah, what she said. :D

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Holey moley! I am in total awe over all your home made props!! May I borrow a few ideas for next year? I think I'd like to try........well everything, lol!

Would you be able to put a tutorial up please?:D
please be my guest on borrowing any of my ideas and if there's any questions you would like to ask. please free to ask any time. just PM me. thanks for the comments.

I'll do one an Tutorial soon. thanks

I love your graveyard and how you've used lighting for effect. Brilliant stuff I bet you can't wait until Halloween to scare those trick or treaters :D
Thank you for your comment. yes I love seeing other people reaction when they arrive at my home. Its great feeling when people appreciate my home made projects. Plus the kids get a super big kick out of it. lol.

LOL. Your to kind. Thank you. This is my second year making Zombies and its getting essayer to make every time. i love making zombies. Wish I could make them every day. lol
As for the lighting I'm using Out door flood lights for land scaping. I just took out the lenses and sprayed different color paint on the lens to get that effect.
My camera that I'm using is a Nikon D80 frame. I for got what lens that I was using that night. Slow shutter speed on the pictures. No flashes...

Dude, nice work! Seriously, think about posting tutorials for how you made the skull posts and the zombie bodies. And BallstonManor is right--the palm trees add something to the scene. I think it has a kind of voodoo feeling.
LOL. I defiantly do a tutorial as soon as I can. Been really bust trying to finish up on my other zombies. i 'll post them up as soon. Thanks for the comments.

Thank you every one for the kind comments. really appreciate it allot. I'm glad to see that every one is enjoying my props. keep an eye out for more zombies to come......

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Very nice! i don't know why you were worried about posting I mean that is a really great set-up!!
Thanks... I'm just weird like that. I notice some times that my confidence level isn't up there and I don't give my self the credit I deserve but I'm working on it with the aid of my wife and two little girls. Their defiantly my biggest supporters and they help me build my confidence stronger....
Thanks for the comment.
:D

·
Registered
591 Posts
So you going to show us how you made the hands?I'm in need of something quick cheap and simple to finsh a prop.I'm doing the bic pen hands on one just not looking like I was hoping for. so I'm looking for some other Ideas and the duct tape looks like it would fit my needs this year. 15 days to go plenty of time LOL!

1 - 20 of 61 Posts