Halloween Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Caretaker of Eerie Manor
6,509 Posts
Nice! Good motion; quick action for a good startle. Great mask too!
One of these is on my short list for next year.

·
Funeral Crasher
7,441 Posts
Very cool !!! I didn't know you were into pneumatics.
It looks like he's actually breathing the way his shirt inflates as he pops up.
Great job!!
(You should carry that prop to the $pirit store you worked at and show them what a REAL Halloween prop looks like!!) LOL

·
Registered
26 Posts
Very, very nice! Definitely going to get many screams out of this one. I hope to move into pneumatics next year....thanks for the inspiration!

·
Mistress of Darkness
1,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wow, that's great!! Are there any build instructions for prop like this anywhere?

Ya' know, I think (and I hope I am right about this), that Push Eject is the one that inspired me to make this one 2 years ago. Actually, my dad and I built it together but I think Push Eject first posted the plans on here. Am I right P.E.?

We just change the mask and clothes each year. Although this year I did add fishing weights to the shirt sleeves so that they would stay down in the can and not get hung up on the sides.

It's pretty simple. I'll see if I can dig up that old thread and I'll post it here for you.

·
Registered
205 Posts
yea,, push eject started a metal trash can cult, the klank is 1/2 the experiance
I mostly used his as a guide as well .. I wanted to put an arm that reached out & pulled back in like I saw on an other TCT but I got lazy, its cotrolled by a screen door closer.

An idea if ya want is to put a bicycle horn on the outlet tube,, it makes a good honk instead of the hiss,, I took it off as I wanted to let my skelly to talk & be heard.. so I wrapped the outlet with rags to kill the hiss,, un less you like that affect,, it all works :)
I think ill take your idea & give my skelly a longsleave shirt instead of the black robe he has on

Great job
very spooky/menacing mask

·
Registered
309 Posts
Looks good!

Is the body attached to the pole? or to the lid? Looks like from the side angle you wouldn't be able to see the pole. Just wondering how you did it. Any pics of your construction?

Ive got mine finished but I haven't added a figure/mask and body to it yet. Love the way yours looks

·
Mistress of Darkness
1,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I used a huge CoffeMate creamer CAN (but you can also use the really large plastic ones w/ the handle), and put a hole in the top and then attached it to the pole before we attached the pole to the lid. I had drilled a hole in the side of the can all the way through to the other side so it would be even and then I inserted a dowel rod that would go across to make the "shoulders". I glued the rod in place. Then I used 2 pieces of a pool noodle and slid them over the dowel rod (the ends sticking out of the can) and glued them in place to "pad" the shoulders.

The mask is glued and stapled onto the coffeemate can and has lots of newspaper stuffed up inside of it to give it fullness. The mask has lots of hair so you can't see the back of the can. Then I added the flannel shirt, pulled up real high to hide the neck of the mask and then stapled and glued it to the bottom edge of the can.

The eyes are cheap plastic eyeballs that are stuffed into the sockets and glued into place.

The items I used may sound cheap and cheesy but they all came together really well and this puppy has been crankin' out scares for 2 years now!

·
Registered
62 Posts
SB, you did a great job on this, it makes me want to get off my butt and make one too. I'm also curious how many blasts you can get off of a 5 - 10 gallon tank.

·
Mistress of Darkness
1,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Are you powering this with a portable tank? If so what size and how many blasts do you get out of it?

Mmmmm, dunno. I mean the compressor is huge and I can get several blasts before it "reboots" but I have never counted how many.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts