Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been working out this thing I saw somewhere on some site (I've Never seen it again) .Lots a work on something so small but well worth it .
I first started three paper mache balloons:eek: yes balloons !!

Cut some grins and frowns it to the balls

Looks like balls with Grins RIGHT :D

I made femo teeth,sprayed the inside with flat black and Hot glued the teeth on to the surface

The next part I learned from Dan Reeder the DRAGON KING of paper mache.

It is to wrap the teeth in cloth (sheets)soaked in glue .Add some eyes.....Eyelashes;)

The next two shots have the paint applied to the teeth and gums.

MORE to follow

·
Crawling in my skin
2,236 Posts
Very cool! Great job on the teeth!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Screaming Demons ..........I've never seen THAT.

Wow that project worked out ...Intense Green.

The one site I saw looked a lot like his (a little more tame).

The next on the list is to paint solid and colour wash with brownish green and add some detail to the eyes.

Thanx for all the PROPS:D

pumpkinheadedskeleton
Looks great.
What is "femo" though?
I'm looking to make teeth for my scarecrow and can't figure it out.
What you did would work for me though.

So FEMO is a polymer clay ...you can bake and hardens ,but stays tough.You can then paint if needed but it does come in EVERY colour.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I really don't like this pick but .....aw what the Hell .....It just doesn't look as good in a pic

the finished product,on a twisted tree stock,will have to wait ................going under the knife

Donovan

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I buy it at Michales craft store but Zellers/Target stores should have it .Just venture into a craft store near ya (If ya got one)............ just found FEMO on E-Bay and LOTS !!!!

Best to ask for Polymer clay that you bake hard.

·
Crunchitize Me Cap'n
1,654 Posts
I have both, Michaels and Zellers. I'm not sure what I would use it for yet. I was thinking something like aquarium decorations I think or something. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hey Jessy,

This is a balloon to start and proly three layers actually five to get it all overlapped...
to dry it place it on a foil sheet in the oven, turn on the oven then turn off when you feel the first bit of heat
then leave it with only the oven light on.

Sounds like your leaving it too wet

The fabric is soaked in white glue only and dragged out against the edge of your bowl with a finger across it to wipe off excess.
I fold the piece 1/3 length wise to form a stiff edge and an edge only one thickness.
Frayed edges work best for texture.
This should work for ya.

I got lots of experience lots of props.
I really should get them on here !!!

Cheers Donovan

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey Donovan, awesome i will try this next time, you should totally post more! any other plant type things???

i was told toilet paper works great for texturing, do you use thin linen??

1 - 20 of 25 Posts