Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Witch Of The West Coast
1,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had all these pics so I thought I would post a tutorial on my version of the caretaker/gravedigger. Mizerella inspired to give this a shot with her caretaker and Lauriebeast was a sweetheart. She answered any questions I had.. So, here goes!
I wanted a sinister looking caretaker so I decided on a vampire-like face. I started with a styrofoam skull and cut the jaw off using a knife.

I then covered the lower jaw with regular paper mache, then Celluclay and then added the tounge and teeth with Paperclay.

·
Witch Of The West Coast
1,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I covered the rest of the skull with regular paper mache. I had bought some eyes off of ebay but they were a little too small so, I added to them so that they would fit into the eye sockets of the skull. I knew that most of them would be covered later so I wasn't real concerned about how they looked.

Before re-attaching the jaw, I painted the gums, tounge and teeth. I put a coat of varnish over the paint to make the mouth look wet. I then glued the jaw back on (using gorilla glue), paper mached over the joint and added Celluclay.

·
Witch Of The West Coast
1,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
After the face was mostly done, I started adding Celluclay to the neck. I took a paper plate, put a hole in the middle and used it to form the chest. I covered it with Celluclay.

More Celluclay added to the chest and neck and then a layer of Paper Clay.

·
Witch Of The West Coast
1,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I then started painting his face.. I started with a grey and added different shades of grey, black, white and red. This is where Lauriebeast really helped me out with suggestions and techniques.. :) I added some hair (which I might change) and a hat.

Here he is with some up-lighting.

·
Technological Terror
724 Posts
That's totally awesome, Kymmm! I really need to invest in some celluclay! Please post up the results of the hands when you finish them. I love seeing everyone's inspiration. I just may have to attempt something like this myself.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Freaking Awesome!!!

I want one! Dang, too many projects in the works this year already, and I'm sooo behind.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Really amazing!!! I'm just starting out so going to try some easier stuff but hopefully next year I'll be giving this guy a try!

·
Hauntingly Addicting
6,068 Posts
He looks Fabulous!!!!!!! Great job!!!!!

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
About this Discussion
47 Replies
35 Participants
nimblemonkey
Halloween Forum
Halloween forum - Keeping the Halloween spirit alive 365 days a year. Discuss decorations, costumes and more!
Full Forum Listing