Halloween Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Don't laugh, it's going the waiting room of my doctor's office. We live out in the country and don't see any trick - o - treaters, so I decided to Haunt up the waiting room. Just hoping to get it done in time. My biggest stumbling block is getting code for arduino. I need to move 2 stepper motors wirelessly with Vixen 2.1 light sequencing program. Not getting much luck there. The physical part is getting close to being done, though.

Here is a clip explaining my organ build: http://youtu.be/aCd_LHA7g_w

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
WOW looks fantastic. I've always been curious about set-ups like this. Tell me, how much time was put into it and what was the total cost of something like this ? Love it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cost that I tell my wife.....or the real cost? Ha Ha Ha!!!

Let's see: Box skeletons sitting on = free from a co-worker. Pump organ = free off Craig's list. Servos about $10 a piece in bulk. Controllers = $15 each
steppers and gears = $20 each drawer slides for hands = $15 Skeletons = $70 for all 4 after Halloween sale Arduino Uno = $10

I pulled some of the electronics out of an old copy machine for free from Craig's list

So, total cost is probably in the $350-400 range. Mostly servo and controller cost.

Wish I could say it was done. More pictures soon, I hope!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts