Halloween Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally had a little time to build something for this years haunt. Here is my take on the Air Cannon.
photo 1.jpg

Used a 1/4" regulator to set incoming PSI as well as a 1/2" regulator to set the outgoing blasts.
photo 4.jpg

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
dirtTroll,

Not sure I understand your question. There is no power to the regulators. If you're referring to the solenoid, here is the description:

Airmaxxx-2W-160-15-Two-Position-Two-Way-Solenoid-Air-Valve-DC12V-1-2-16mm

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
dirtTroll,

No problem. Happy to help. The first regulator (1/4" one) really isn't needed if the air compressor being used to fill the tank has an output regulator. As for the second regulator (1/2" one), I wanted to use this so I could set the PSI output of each blast.

Happy Haunting!!

·
Registered
650 Posts
I had mine on a remote control(and hidden) so I could control who got blasted and who didnt( like very little kids cuz its loud) so Id nail the teens and the Parents.Loads of laughs,great prop.
Nice work,you'll love it.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Also, I current have just a homemade push button trigger to trigger the prop, but may connect it to a prop controller.

·
BAD INFLUENCE
11,454 Posts
Is that going to be bolted to a wall or something, hence the floor flange? How are you going to fire it? I think the first regulator is overkill, but it shouldn't hurt. Looks good

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
bfjou812,

The flange came with the 1/2" regulator and I will be attaching it to something as the cannon is a little top heavy and tends to want to roll over. I currently have just a homemade push button trigger (shown in picture above) to trigger it, but may connect it to a prop controller. As for the first regulator(1/4"), I know it's kinda over kill but I had it sitting around so figured why not.

Happy Haunting!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts