Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
To mis-quote the movie "Christine!" "You can polish a turd!" (they said:"Can't" ) Bluck looks fairly presentable painted as you have him, and he probably looks even better at night, just like Me!

·
Spider Maven
1,468 Posts
Love it! I have started painting mine too. It's amazing what a little paint can do for these guys. Like the blue outlining...hmm..may have to try one like that myself.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well, everything is exactly as it came, except for a new neck hole and 1" PVC with clay rings for the spine extension. And paint, of coarse.

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,331 Posts
There's another thread here somewhere....crap...can't find it...I think I have it bookmarked at home & I'm at work right now...anyhooo, there's another thread where someone has done all sorts of wonderful things with Bluckies. Dressed 'em up as ToTers in the yard, repainted them, etc.

If I can find it I'll post it or maybe someone else here can remember who posted it or what it is titled? Maybe Hilda did it? I can't recall right now.

·
Lighthearted Halloween
3,795 Posts
Evil Elf ~ I LOVE your paint job on it. So much better! I've wanted to do that too. Your blucky is impressive! :)

There's another thread here somewhere....crap...can't find it...I think I have it bookmarked at home & I'm at work right now...anyhooo, there's another thread where someone has done all sorts of wonderful things with Bluckies. Dressed 'em up as ToTers in the yard, repainted them, etc.

If I can find it I'll post it or maybe someone else here can remember who posted it or what it is titled? Maybe Hilda did it? I can't recall right now.
Oh sure. Blame Hilda. 'Hilda did it.' hahahahahaha ;)
Actually, I did pose a bunch of skellies on the side of my house after reading DaveintheGrave's great tutorial for his ToT skellies. I'll go grab Dave's thread and link it. :D

·
Lighthearted Halloween
3,795 Posts

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,331 Posts
I kinda thought Hilda would know about that thread. I was hoping she'd chime in or someone with that thread link would chime in because I just went through my links & it wasn't there but it is now!!

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks everyone! Hearing, well, reading, all of this makes me want to finish them faster. I really appreciate it! :D

Wow, his and yours are pretty cool, Hilda. Good to know there's someone else who doesn't hate these. :eek:

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
You've given your bluckys personalities. Good job. By the way, what's that white stuff in the background? I think I remember seeing something like that. :D

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
scareme: Thanks. And yea, I'm really tired of that stuff hanging around.

Hilda: I Used a piece of 1" PVC that runs from the neck into the pelvis. It's diameter is perfect to match the pre-existing "spine", and it connects onto a T and two 90 degree connectors in the pelvis, and that connects to 1/2" PVC in his legs, helping him stand. The rings are rolls of air-dry clay wrapped around the pipe (sand the printing off first). The rings and pipe actually look off-white in the picture.

And I should mention: I cut a new hole for the spine. In a real skeleton, the spine connects onto the back center of the pelvis and the front angles downward. It's a small thing, but small things really add up. :)

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
About this Discussion
31 Replies
18 Participants
Evil Elf
Halloween Forum
Halloween forum - Keeping the Halloween spirit alive 365 days a year. Discuss decorations, costumes and more!
Full Forum Listing