Halloween Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Unfortunately, I can't seem to find the link I used for the instructions to make them. So I can't give proper props! If I find out where it is I'll add the link. Of course if you're a halloween vet you probably already have the link somewhere. :) But anyway, our local library has a wicked cheap sale twice a year so I got a couple books.

These two books already had some pretty neat stenciling on the front so I just painted them. First the maroon and green, then the silver and gold trim, then a wash of 1/2 black 1/2 water and daubbed off with damp paper towels. Very quick and easy. These next two was a little extra work but still very very simple.

These were larger books. But so amazingly easy. All I did was cut out corrogated cardboard and made edges, binding and stencils. The spider and bat stencil I just googled under pics.

I did the paint the same way I did the other. I created a title plate on the bottom. Printed out the name in a cool font, crumpled the paper and put it in tea then let it dry. Glued it on and that was it!

·
Girl Gone Mad
1,669 Posts
The books look great! And the wands look awesome with them. I remember seeing the tut for the wands but I can't find it. Anyone know where?

Can't wait to see more pics.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.