Halloween Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Unfortunately, I can't seem to find the link I used for the instructions to make them. So I can't give proper props! If I find out where it is I'll add the link. Of course if you're a halloween vet you probably already have the link somewhere. :) But anyway, our local library has a wicked cheap sale twice a year so I got a couple books.

These two books already had some pretty neat stenciling on the front so I just painted them. First the maroon and green, then the silver and gold trim, then a wash of 1/2 black 1/2 water and daubbed off with damp paper towels. Very quick and easy. These next two was a little extra work but still very very simple.

These were larger books. But so amazingly easy. All I did was cut out corrogated cardboard and made edges, binding and stencils. The spider and bat stencil I just googled under pics.

I did the paint the same way I did the other. I created a title plate on the bottom. Printed out the name in a cool font, crumpled the paper and put it in tea then let it dry. Glued it on and that was it!

·
Registered
291 Posts
Ooooh...i love these!!! i just bought some books at a secondhand store that i can try this on. i like the spider book the best. thanks for the pics.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I would love some of the "Charmed replica ones" that you are offering. You do such awesome work that it would be great to see those also!
Thanks for offering to share!

·
Registered
120 Posts
halloween_sucks_in_the_uk!
Just wanted to say thank you so much! The pages are awesome and thank you so much for being willing to share!
Patty

·
Girl Gone Mad
1,638 Posts
The books look great! And the wands look awesome with them. I remember seeing the tut for the wands but I can't find it. Anyone know where?

Can't wait to see more pics.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts