Halloween Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
668 Posts
Nice. I have that same pirate bought years ago. Lol. I picked up a shiatsu massager but decided to just hold off on any more props this year. Just gonna button up and accessorize what I have, with the exception of pier pilings from sonotubes and some rope to make barriers. Was going to use it for tentacles though. We'll see though. I may whip up something. I'm still debating on adding projection to my ship too.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yah it's pretty un-original, but for me at my level of un-creativity....I can live with it. Never used a shiatsu for anything. Thought this might work and I'm pretty surprised something actually worked for me. I wish I had the skills to be more original but oh well. Someday. I just get blown away by the stuff I see on here.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I like his motion, either bobbing with the ocean or hitting the grog too much. And like MM says people love to see things they haven't seen in stores, plus the satisfaction of making something. I gotta get cracking now that I am back from canoeing.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you everyone for the nice replies. I may be a bit harsh on myself , it's just that I would like to somehow , someday be able to create some of the wonderful creations I see here. Sorry if I seemed a bit of a downer. I appreciate the kind people of this site.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It's just a ground breaker that has the hole already in the bottom. I just found a piece of plastic that fit in the bottom of it and that fit over the PVC pipe attached to the shiatsu.
image.jpg

·
Blue Pill? or Red Pill?
4,090 Posts
Ditto!!! You will notice everyone here has a "knack" for something. The gurus in that area will answer your questions. Even the non-gurus have great ideas! So dont discount any of them.....

Thank you everyone for the nice replies. I may be a bit harsh on myself , it's just that I would like to somehow , someday be able to create some of the wonderful creations I see here. Sorry if I seemed a bit of a downer. I appreciate the kind people of this site.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks everyone for the nice comments. I decided to build a ticket booth for the display I will be doing at work. I am planning on putting the pirate barrel inside the booth as the ticket man. We are building this booth out of cardboard. I was lucky to score one of our really thick cardboard bins. We are in the process of painting it and adding some fabric. I will use some lighting inside and add the words tickets to the outside. Any ideas are welcome. Thinking about using the webcaster on it when done also. Any advice or other ideas?
Here's a vid of the pirate inside before painting as a mock up. Not sure how to rotate these pictures. Can someone help me out with that.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOpmFFbqleY&feature=youtu.be

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Danski, THAT LOOKS GREAT!!!:cool:
Thank you. My job is allowing me to build this when time permits and I even have a helper. We are collaborating together. He actually built this booth out of a cardboard big box for me and is making my vision come to life. I can in no way take credit for all this. I built the prop and he dreamed up the booth and made it happen. This was originally going to be the bayou house at the beginning of the pirates of the carribean ride. I had a change of heart and asked to make a ticket booth instead and this is what has evolved.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Here's a small update. We added the lettering to say tickets and we are mounting a strobe inside. It's a green flashing strobe. Any ideas on what to do with the side panels on the front? I don't want it to look plain and bare.
image.jpg
image.jpg

1 - 18 of 18 Posts