Halloween Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Normally an invitation to a Halloween party wouldn't qualify as a prop, but this year I decided to do something out-of-the-box for my invites.

I mailed my friends & family a severed toe with a toe tag attached that had the details of the party. I custom made about 50 toes. This year my theme is a Morgue, so I came up with the name Rondy Morgue (kinda an inside joke related to the town we live in). I think my favorite part is the RSVP, if a guest is not coming to the party I provided them a pre-stamped envelope and they have to mail the toe back to me. If a guest is coming to the party they have to bring the toe! I'm going to have a large jar by the front entrance and everyone will drop their toe in the jar when they walk in.

This is a little extreme, but I like that. I'm really looking forward to hearing everyones reaction when they open it.

Let me know what you think!

I forget to take a picture of the other side of the toe tag, but here's a copy of the image that I printed for it.

And here's a group shot of most of the toes.

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Very cool invites. Hope it didn't cost you an arm and a leg to send them out. I would have liked to have been a fly on the wall when some of your invited guests opened their invites.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Very cool invites. Hope it didn't cost you an arm and a leg to send them out. I would have liked to have been a fly on the wall when some of your invited guests opened their invites.
It was about $2.00 per invite x 50 invites. Because I provided a stamped envelope for them to mail the toe back to me I am going to eat it on the ones that are unused, but the way I see it it's a small price to pay for an unforgettable invitation!

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
It was about $2.00 per invite x 50 invites. Because I provided a stamped envelope for them to mail the toe back to me I am going to eat it on the ones that are unused, but the way I see it it's a small price to pay for an unforgettable invitation!
That really isn't too terrible all things considering. So it just cost you an arm instead of both an arm and a leg so that's good as it may have been hard getting around the party on one leg. LOL. I'm sure you will have plenty of your invited guests just dying to come and it will be a killer party.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

The guests have started receiving their invitations, and I'm getting tons of great feedback! From totally grossed out to very impressed and excited to come to the party! My wife's cousin was eating lunch when he opened it, said it made him sick to his stomach:ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Lol! I work at the USPS and would love to see a coworker's face if this fell out of a package. Haven't seen any toes yet, but we've had enough biohazards leak from packages that procedures are in place. I now wear nitrile gloves when handling all packages, including letters.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts