Halloween Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I grew up watching Sci-fi and Horror. Over the years I have seen so many uses for a severed head. I've always wanted to make one of my head! I have so many different props I would like to make with it!

The one that really stands out is and android head. In Star Trek The Next Generation they were always taking Data's head off and removing access panels with blinking lights.

I have the skills and materials to make a casting of my face, but not a whole head. After reading a lot on RPF, I found the technique to create a full head.

Here is where I'm at. I have not added any hair yet, and I have not cut the ports to show electronics. This is very early, but I see the resemblance already. So here's a picture...

The Jason Self Portrait Sculpture.jpg

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A small update... I added eyebrows and my beard. I am currently installing an access panel with blinking lights like Data from Star Trek The Next Generation so Stay tuned....

The Jason Self Portrait Sculpture Post.jpg

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Another update. I have installed an access panel with working electronics. The electronics are from a kit I designed for someone's Data bust (Star Trek The Next Generation). I am currently working on the cables dangling from the neck. So here's where it is currently

The Jason Self Portrait Electronics Post.jpg

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you for all the comments! I finally finished this. I haven't decided if I'm leaving it bald or going to get a wig, but other than that I'm really happy! Take a look and let me know what you think.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts