Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Awesome!!!! Another Doctor Who fan! I have multiple Doctor Who props I've used for Halloween (it was our theme the year of the 50th anniversary). I have a TARDIS room in my house, too.

The TARDIS looks great!

·
Imitation Imagineer
1,154 Posts
Fantastic! (**exclaimed in best Eccleston voice**)

I keep telling myself that one of these years I'm going to do a 100% recycled Halloween with zero new props, and build myself a TARDIS instead. Every time I see one of these, I really wonder why I don't just do it.

Excellent work, sir!

·
Registered
47 Posts
I work at a library and one year staff built a Tardis out of a giant cardboard box. It was used
at our yearly lib-con (kind of a comic con at the library).

Here's the best picture I could find.

tardis.jpg

Sadly, the library decided to give it away at our 2018 Lib-Con :(

So, if you have a huge box, paint, thin paper and a plastic cup (light on top), you to can build your very own Tardis.

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
7,470 Posts
Please tell me that it has a motion sensor that triggers the light and sound effects... don't get me wrong - it is lovely as is - but with lights and sound, totally BRILLIANT!

Reactions: Evil Bob

·
Registered
261 Posts
I do love your faithful re-creation. It stirred up my imagination on doing a haunt whereby one enters into the haunt via the Tardis booth. As we all know, the inside is much bigger than the outside. One could do a pretty righteous haunt based on the Dr. Who series, say, inside one's garage, just behind the box (with fake garage door panels to the left and right of the Tardis, unless one is willing to sacrifice their garage door for said haunt). A home haunter might easily outclass the original series special effects and monsters! Daleks with legs or treads to handle stairs, anyone?

·
Registered
110 Posts
Fantastic work! Looks amazing. Has anyone done a Doctor Who haunt? Weeping Angels, Cybermen, The Silence, Daleks, there are so many creepy creatures to pick from!
Back in 2011, I lived in a place that didn't see many ToTs, so I was doing Halloween parties instead of a yard haunt. I started on making a weeping angel statue to place outside on the deck looking in the glass doors, and got as far as doing the head.

It was paper maiche on a balloon for the head shape, filled with great stuff once that was dried and the balloon deflated. A standard plastic mask for the face was attached and an old mop was cut for the hair. The eyes were made from hot glue in a measuring spoon. Then it was painted grey. It came out reasonably well, but I never got much further with it.

I'll update with a pic tomorrow; out of time right now.

Edit: Here it is:

(It was meant to be A weeping angel rather than the exact look of one from the show, since it was just standing in the background.)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts