Halloween Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Suburban Sorceress
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seeing how much the trick-or-treaters enjoyed the cheap-o 400 watt fogger we'd used the first few years in our haunt, we imagined what it would be like if we tried for a more realistic effect. We decided that 2012 should be all about fog - dense, low-lying fog. This could only be achieved with a more powerful machine and a chiller. After a lot of planning and construction, I'm thrilled with this year's results:

Details: We went with a Chauvet 1800 Hurricane Flex filled with Froggy's Freezin' Fog (probably did not need this much power, but I liked the automatic shutoff feature in case the fog juice ran low) . The coffin chiller is a reverse-flow design based off of a barbecue smoker. There is 120 pounds of ice in top half of the coffin, and 10 pounds of dry ice in the bottom. The ground was wet, and the wind was very cooperative.

Daylight picture (before painting):

IMG_3005.jpg

Thank yous: I'd like to give credit to Raven's Hollow Cemetery for pointing me in this direction! I was all set to go earlier in the year with a cooler style chiller when he sent me a link to a video of a reverse-flow chiller in action (the video was originally posted by a HF member who is no longer active; I can't think of their name at the moment but would like to say thank you to them as well!). I'd also like to thank our neighbors who rushed to our backyard when they thought our house was on fire, because we were testing out the fog machine in July :)

Test run clip:

·
A 1 man army of darkness
2,586 Posts
Ooooooooh NICE!!! That came out very well indeed, even better than Rojellio's imo! Great job! Thanks so kindly HS, but I only showed the way, and I can take no credit for that. :) You and DH did all the work, and it came out beautifully!

·
Suburban Sorceress
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That is a loooot of fog! Very nice! Your green light... flood lights or a bunch of LED's?
All of the green lights in our haunt are cheap flood lights. I've always been extremely happy with them!

·
Suburban Sorceress
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ooooooooh NICE!!! That came out very well indeed, even better than Rojellio's imo! Great job! Thanks so kindly HS, but I only showed the way, and I can take no credit for that. :) You and DH did all the work, and it came out beautifully!
What a nice compliment! Thanks again for your help.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Wow! That's what fog SHOULD look like! I worry every year that our fog drifts and keeps people from being able to see where they're walking never mind hiding a ton of props under a cloud. We'll certainly be trying your method this year.

·
Registered
71 Posts
You've inspired me! I will make one this year!:)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts