Halloween Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
After surfing this forum for some time, decided to add to my haunted mansion. For those that have been to Disneyland and have gone into the Haunted Mansion, you probably saw the terrified Caretaker and his little dog. Well, felt this year, my haunted mansion needed the care taker! He is about 90% complete, still need a litte work on the torso and need to properly color his hands, and his hat is in the mail... but check him out and let me know what you think... over all, has cost me about $50. Not doing the dog this year, maybe he will come next!

Here is the actual Caretaker

Typical Ghoul Next Door
Not bad at all! Great figure posing, clothing and positioning - looks darn good! :)
(my only suggestion - totally my opinion - is to tone down the tan he's got on his head... he's a little too "George Hamilton"
for someone that works in a graveyard at night. I'd like a bit more pallor, myself. It may just be the picture and lighting, tho -
he just looks a bit ruddy/tan to me in the face. ;) )

He's got a disgruntled look on his face... probably because you are taking pictures of him while he's trying to use the bathroom! :D

Registered
Where is that head available at?I need one for mine for next year.Thanks.Great job by the way.Im using a duffer hat on mine.

Registered
Discussion Starter #10
Dminor, I will get pics tonight as I am still working on it.... I started w/ all PVC, but the legs were just too wobbly with all the upper body weight. So I made wooden legs and then wrapped them in bubble wrap. Torso and arms are PVC. Arms have wood sections then covered in chicken wire and stuffed with newspaper to help keep the shape

Registered
Sweet! Now that's what I call service. haha.

I'd love to have one of these for my own collection, so I look forward to your tutorial and hopefully mine will turn out as nice as yours!

Registered
Discussion Starter #16
Ok, here are some pics of the structure... Ive found bubble wrap does wonders!

This is how the body started, but once the upper body began getting weight, the legs were just too weak:

So then I went to 1x1's and cut and screwed them together (bent the legs)

Here is the full body, put an extra poll on the right arm to support the weight of the lantern:

Here is a close up of the arm:

Then this is how I did the torso, changed it a couple times to give me the proper look, but basically, 4 poles then wrapped in bubble wrap. Worked great

Registered
Discussion Starter #18
The hands I got at the same website that I listed earlier... to get the hand holding the lantern, I heated it and bent the fingers and then glued them so they stayed shut. If the web site has them sold out, I saw the same ones at Halloween Express (store) the other day. They are just called stage hands.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts