Halloween Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
I play with dead people
1,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heres the reaper I have been working on:

(had to switch computers)

Not all the way done with it. Still have to finish the base and cover the back. The lantern has a rigged up light in it and have not finished wiring it up so it doesnt get ripped out if the thing falls over or someone trips on the cord. Once I do that I will get the back covered.

·
I play with dead people
1,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
And this is a tombstone I am working on while the MM or paint dries on the reaper.

·
Registered
14,289 Posts
He looks fantastic! Wow he's a pretty tall guy, and all one piece? Hope you planned on a way to move him, he does look like he would be heavy. How much more work do you have to do? Looks nearly complete to me.

Construction questions for you: Is it monster mudded? Did you use bucky body parts? What was his cloak made of? Nice job.

·
I play with dead people
1,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
He looks fantastic! Wow he's a pretty tall guy, and all one piece? Hope you planned on a way to move him, he does look like he would be heavy. How much more work do you have to do? Looks nearly complete to me.

Construction questions for you: Is it monster mudded? Did you use bucky body parts? What was his cloak made of? Nice job.
He is all one piece. Wood frame with chicken wire. The cloak is burlap and monster mud. He is not that heavy but I plan to use two people to move him or use a dolly. The skull and hands came from a ground breaker I bought last year from Wallmart. He is about 5'2" in height.

·
Registered
391 Posts
I love this! Great job...I will be making something like this in the future so any details you can provide will be much used I'm sure.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Love the creepyness of it the gray makes it look awsome, did you use drylock and Monster Mud?

·
I play with dead people
1,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I love this! Great job...I will be making something like this in the future so any details you can provide will be much used I'm sure.
I got some tips from various threads on this site and a lot of different people on here.

I just put the back on, let it dry and then put some more MM on it to seal in the holes. After that I am going to spot fill some of the remaining holes, let it dry and paint the back. I am now trying to finish the base. I didnt have a real good plan for the base so I am kinda winging it.

Once its all done I am going to spray it with sealer. I actually sprayed the inside with sealer before I put the backing on.

·
I play with dead people
1,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My granddaughter came home today from visiting with the other grandparents and I showed her the reaper. She stood in front of it and looked at it. I asked her if it was scary and she said...no, It doesnt scare me, but it might scare mommy. Let me know if it gets more scary...and she went into the house. When I was three and had seen that I would have run screaming from the house. :eek:

·
Registered
3,635 Posts
My granddaughter came home today from visiting with the other grandparents and I showed her the reaper. She stood in front of it and looked at it. I asked her if it was scary and she said...no, It doesnt scare me, but it might scare mommy. Let me know if it gets more scary...and she went into the house. When I was three and had seen that I would have run screaming from the house. :eek:
Too funny! I've noticed the kids I've been around are not that scared at 3 but around 5-6 when the imagination kicks in it gets harder to put up some of the props because they are suddenly terrified of everything!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts