Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Sculptress of Scare
2,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, the day I've been dreading for some time finally arrived. Yesterday morning at 10:00, my almost 13 yr old lab is finally at peace. She's been such a trooper, but I knew in my heart that it was time to let go. I've had several dogs over the years and Emily is the first one that I stayed with while the injection was given. She died a peaceful death with me holding and stroking her, knowing that she was very much loved. I will miss this little girl very much. She had a very good life and certainly added to the quality of mine. I'm still so emotionally raw right now and can't seem to stop weeping at the thought of her. I know that time will ease the pain, but I just need to get through this most difficult part. Maybe now I can finally get some much needed sleep. Here's a recent pic of Miss Emily Ann Franklin...RIP my sweet...you'll always be remembered with love.

·
~zombie hunter~
3,346 Posts
Sorry for Emilys loss. It's tought losing a pet that's another member of the family. Just remember all the good times you had. She's over the rainbow bridge now not feeling any pain. She was a beautifull girl.

It's going to take time to ease your pain. We are here if you ever need to talk.

·
Prince of Arkham Asylum
2,528 Posts
Oh Laurie, my heart goes out to you. I understand how painful it is to lose a pet, but even more so about holding your pet during the injection. My first pet was actually my wife's cat, who I'd known for about 8 years. When his time came two years ago, my wife said she didn't want to be in the room..... she couldn't. But I didn't want Bugsy to die on a cold metal table, so I held him during the injection. It was one of the saddest moments I'd ever experienced, although I also held my father's hand when he passed. I know how you feel, but there was no better thing you could've done for Emily in the end than to make her feel loved as she always had been.

In time, you'll realize that you will get the urge to provide an incredibly loving home for another lucky animal. As you know that new puppy will never replace Emily, but will be wonderful in his/her own way. :) My heart and thoughts go out to you.

·
Presidential Canidate
7,274 Posts
LB!!!!
How BLEEPING sad!
You KNOW I will be sending you warm energy.....and to think I was just thinking of you as I sat here at the library, reading through gardening books.
GADS! How....deaply sad I am for your loss!

·
The Cloven Bunny
2,965 Posts
Oh, I am so sorry for you loss, my dear friend.

The pain of losing a pet is unbearable and having to make the decision to put them down is one of the hardest things in the world to do. I had to put my cat down last year after a long battle with lung cancer. I miss him everyday.

Know that my heart is breaking for you.
Love ya,
B.

·
Doomed to walk the earth
1,062 Posts
so very sorry to hear of your loss..just seeing this made me think of the pets i've lost ..1 i had to inject too..I went through a very tough time ..but you'll always remember the good times as well and you have good friends here if you need the support ,you know that. prayers and good vibes to you and your family.

·
AntiChrist Superstar
1,418 Posts
Just know that she lived a full life, and it seems as if she was more than just a dog to you, she was a member of the family. She knew she was loved and thats all she ever wanted and you gave that to her. I had to put down my 10 year old Golden Retriever last year, I know how you feel. I wish you the best and feel better..

·
Incarnation of evil
916 Posts
I lost my Katoga last year, I feel your pain. To lose a loved one that gave you so much joy for so long is terrible. But all her pain is gone and she is renewed once again. She is up there chasing my Katoga around. And probably thinking of you as well.

·
Registered
605 Posts
I'm so sorry. I know it's so very hard. OEJ and I went through this not that long ago. I'm sure after all those years you have wonderful memories to carry you through and every passing day brings you a step closer to seeing each other again.

·
Don't Drink and Fly!!
2,959 Posts
Oh, Laurie, I'm so sorry. It is so hard to let them go. But take comfort in her memory and in knowing that all your friends here are thinking about you and sending hugs and kisses your way. You are incredibly brave for being there for Emily when she needed you, making her passing a loving experience instead of a fearful one. Blessings to you.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
I sorry Laurie :( My grandad bought me a dalmation puppy when I was 2, he was my best friend and playmate, he died when I was 14, always wished dogs lived longer.

·
kakos
7,217 Posts
Laurie, I'm so sorry. She's beautiful. I went through the same exact thing 5 years ago. It gets easier, but I think of my Golden all the time. I have his ashes and I still have pictures of him up in my place right next to my lab. If you need to talk let me know, I'm here.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts