Halloween Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
The Goddess of Screams
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I worked on my witches kitchen all day Saturday (pics to follow once I have it all set up).

About dark, I went out onto my back porch to fix up the blacklight and FCG I made - it's outide , but it's visible through the window, directly in front of you, when you walk into the witches kitchen.

And we all have seen the pics all over the forum - I used the foam wig head, RIT dyed cheeseclothe, AND colored in 2 round eyes with yellow highlighter.

Hubby arrives home from work just as I'm out there working on this - unbeknownst to me.

I just finish hanging Sally, and turned the black light on....then I heard the kitchen door....so I went in the house and he was in the kitchen muttering...

I said, hey babe, did you see my ghost??! He said, yeah and it's damn good thing I didn't have my gun, I'd blown it away!! Scared the $*!) right outta me!! That's just not right!!

:D :p :D :p

So...me loves my Sally.

·
...is up to no good
1,295 Posts
I love doing that!

I scared my husband last year with a grim reaper (accidentally of course). It was awesome. This year I've been jumping out at him here and there. I figured that it's October and he deserves a good scare!

·
Registered
51 Posts
OK, so I scared myself the other morning. We had some friends over for a pre-party food tasting on Friday night and I set up this talking skeleton head that's motion activated by the front door to give them a little fright. Well….I forgot to turn it off so on Saturday morning I walked out past the darn thing it made me jump when I set it off. Hehehe…..:D

·
Registered
481 Posts
Great job with the ghost! Honest reactions always let you know you're doing a good job!

·
The Goddess of Screams
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah, and my boys - 14 and 11 - usually pass by everything I do with no notice.

The zombie baby DID get their attention too.

But when they saw the ghost they stopped. Didn't say anything, cuz that would be SO uncool - but it got their attention too. :D

·
Registered
375 Posts
Too Funny...

I've got a talking/screaming Frankenstein head in my office that only screams when I turn off my light. Yesterday we had a power flicker and that sucker starts screaming....gave me a little start.

·
CANNIBAL
2,597 Posts
So far I got myself with the bush shaker(feels a little silly when you think for that split second what was that?!? and then you realize it was your own prop) and our new mourning lady. Hubby and daughter both got scared when the reaper was looking in the window.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Yeah...there's nothing quite so satisfying as sneaking out the front door in your werewolf costume and standing statue still in front of the open garage door, waiting for the hubby to jump straight outta his skin, when he catches you out of the corner of his eye.

(Except for maybe when he "swears to God, that reaper moved!") Hehee, men, you gotta love 'em....and apparently protect them!

·
Registered
141 Posts
Woo! scared my mother with my reaper a few days ago, which isn't painted and looks a bit dumb right now, but she wasn't expecting a 5' 6"skeleton to be standing in the livingroom.

Unexpected scares are the best

·
Registered
179 Posts
Some people are flight some are fight. i am a fight person when i am scared. My wife (girlfriend) at the time thought it would be "cute" to scare me in then hall one night with the lights off. She scared me alright. However i scared her when my fist was headed for her face at full force. Luckily i realized who it was at the last second and pulled it so it was a love tap. She has never done it since and warns anyone that is thinking about scaring me that i WILL hit them. I have a couple vinyl rats in the garage that i put some led lights in. Well i forgot where i put them and one is sticking out near the dog food container. Every time i go out in the garage it gives me a startle becuase i forget about them all the time.

2,442 Posts
I worked on my witches kitchen all day Saturday (pics to follow once I have it all set up).

About dark, I went out onto my back porch to fix up the blacklight and FCG I made - it's outide , but it's visible through the window, directly in front of you, when you walk into the witches kitchen.

And we all have seen the pics all over the forum - I used the foam wig head, RIT dyed cheeseclothe, AND colored in 2 round eyes with yellow highlighter.

Hubby arrives home from work just as I'm out there working on this - unbeknownst to me.

I just finish hanging Sally, and turned the black light on....then I heard the kitchen door....so I went in the house and he was in the kitchen muttering...

I said, hey babe, did you see my ghost??! He said, yeah and it's damn good thing I didn't have my gun, I'd blown it away!! Scared the $*!) right outta me!! That's just not right!!

:D :p :D :p

So...me loves my Sally.
My Husband was the same with my zombie, I had it in the living room and he walked in not expecting it to be there and got scared by it lol

He has good life insurance should one of my props induce a heart attack :D

·
Registered
391 Posts
He has good life insurance should one of my props induce a heart attack

Hmmmmmm, better be careful, that statement sounds like premeditation :D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts