Halloween Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Oak Lane Cemetery
2,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is a behind the curtain look at how I set up my projector to do the window projections of ghosts and spooks. I probably don't have a typical setup because I use a mirror to compensate for not having a short throw projector, but my setup has certain advantages, like allowing people to walk through the room and only using half the distance that a typical long throw setup uses.

·
Registered
12 Posts
If you use projection mapping software, (like Mapmap) you can resize the image and should be able to put the projector closer without using the mirror.

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
Thanks for posting this! My husband and I set up & plan our Halloween display together, but we are pretty typical in that I'm usually the creative one with the vision and he's the one with the tool know-how to make it happen. But when it comes to projectors & other cool computer-type skills for Halloween, I'm more clueless than I'd like to be. So a video like this, which shows me an exact set-up with all the trimmings, is really helpful to picture because then I know exactly how it should go.

We don't set up our projector in our front window for exactly this reason - it would cut off half the room for use, and we don't have enough house space to allow for that. Usually we put it in our daughter's upstairs bedroom instead, but again - takes up a ton of space and we have to be careful not to walk in front. This kind of set-up would definitely save some space! Looks great!

·
Oak Lane Cemetery
2,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you use projection mapping software, (like Mapmap) you can resize the image and should be able to put the projector closer without using the mirror.
The issue is not with the size of the image, it's a matter of the focal length of the projector. It's not a short throw projector so it needs a minimum distance to create a focused image. Too close and the image will be blurry.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts