Halloween Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So when my mom was little, she dressed up a traffic light on Halloween. I love all thing traffic, cars, trucks, etc. so I want to do it too - but with one little twist. I want it to look good, and actually be functional. Either on an automated timer or manual with a little like switch I can hold or something. I could get a box (I already know what size I would need) and maybe some traffic light lenses (there are a few for cheap on ebay that I found). Also, obviously, I would need some sort of light controller if I want it to be functional. My father does electrical engineering and could help me; Any ideas on how I could pull this off?

·
Registered
238 Posts
Well you will for sure want LED for light weight. A simple battery pack and some wires. If your dad is an electrician I'm sure he could easily wire it up to be auto magic and on a switch. Good luck and let us know how it turns out

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I assumed LED (also they don't get quite as hot so hopefully my costume doesn't become fire-themed) and a small battery pack with some wiring. Also, CFL and incandescent are usually very big.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts