Halloween Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I only talk about the odd, ghostly events that I believe to be true.
I believe them because :1) They happened to me.
2) They happened to someone I know and believe.
Other lesser types of stories I might repeat for possible information gathering because sometimes similar things happen to people,and maybe the next person who had almost the same experience will be a more believable person,which could them elevate the other person's believability?
I like to assume everyone is only relating actual incidents, not something they read or saw in a movie.
Just because something is Very Strange,doesn't affect it's importance in my mind. Many very incredible things have happened over the time of human written history. Some such things were eventually figured out to be natural phenomena. Some were shown to be the creative "work" of a "Performer"(or two).

How does something ever qualify to be judged as "Truthful"?
To me THE BEST way is if an "Audience" of people all experienced the same sight, sounds.
That "Audience" may also be a group of people who experienced the SAME thing over a period of time. This is what my house has "Going for It" supernaturally speaking...

·
Registered
63 Posts
There will always be those who chalk up a group experience as "mass hysteria". I don't believe such a thing exists. I won't go into my spiritual beliefs and practices, however, I (and those of a like mind) have learned one simple thing; you don't need any outside validation. You have nothing to prove to anyone, and if their opinion is needed to validate what you experienced, you've lost the game.

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
"Mass Hysteria" times 1,000 (or more?) would be the 1939 Nuremberg Nazi rallies. Other wise "Mass Hysteria" COULD happen , better if (in my opinion) the group was fairly small.like 5-7 people and they somewhat already knew one another and were sort of on the same interest level , which I don't believe was happening when several people all said they saw the same thing at the same time.
When something scary happens,many quickly take a survey as to what others saw, then they may either add to or keep quiet not wishing to insult anyone by saying ."I didn't see THAT!"
When the event grows with each with each testimony..... not good... unless they are "Brain-storming " for a movie plot or TV show. (Fictional)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts