Halloween Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Capt o' the Mourning Star
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
a couple of years back, we used to do a Pirate ship display for Halloween. We moved to another state, so the ship props stayed with the new owners of the house. This year we came back and helped them set it up again. Here are a few pics:

·
🎃 | )ark ( )verlord 🎃
1,092 Posts
Whoa AWESOME! Love it. :)

·
Registered
91 Posts
a couple of years back, we used to do a Pirate ship display for Halloween. We moved to another state, so the ship props stayed with the new owners of the house. This year we came back and helped them set it up again. Here are a few pics:

Oh my! There is no way I could have left all those awesome things behind! That is very nice of you though, and to go back and help them set up too! It looks awesome!

·
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank ye kindly for the nice words mateys!

Here are a few night shots of the Pirate ship haunt:

·
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Where do you pirate deocrators find all the piratey stuff like the barrels and canons and such? I just have to shake my head in amazement at the pirate set ups I see on this forum. You guys rock. :)
I built the majority of the props myself. I have basic carpentry skills that I learned in high school shop class. The nice thing about building a haunted Pirate ship is that it doesn't have to look perfect....just old. All it has to do is look good from 10 feet away, in the dark, with the fog machines going!

I built the cannons out of some old scrap 2x12's and ABS pipe that I had laying around. The wheels are replacement wheels for BBQ's from Home Depot. Some bits of chain and a few shackles and you have a cannon!

The large wine barrels were from estate sales in my area when I was living back in the wine country of Northern California. They ran about $25-$35 dollars each. I bought the smaller wooden barrels through the internet from Lehmans.com. I got them a few years ago when they ran around $15-$20 each.....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts