Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Started setting stuff out and changing up things. Took inspiration from POTC at Disneyland and put my own twist on them.

Switched up my captain so his head moves whereas last year both his arms moved. Pretty happy with how he turned out.

Added a helmsman with his wheel. The 2 guys next to him will be positioned different.

Still trying to figure out how to run audio out to 4 audio outputs via my usb audio interface. This would make it much easier. I have 4 audio controller boards that are activated with sound and I'm currently running 2 off my iMac and 2 others off a local iPod. It worked out ok last year but limited my possibility for expansion. Any ideas on software for a mac that can do this?

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Those gentlemen o' fortune look great! I have yet to attempt to make my crew animated, so these give some cool ideas!
Thanks! The guy holding the mini barrel is now posed standing up fending off his rum while the rum empties out into a cup down below. I have a pump recirculating the water from a basin built into my crate.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Looks so awesome!!! Can you share what you used for the seaweed hanging off the ship's wheel? Adds a great touch to the scene!
Thanks! Believe it or not, it’s garbage bags cut into strips, pulled apart with your fingers and then spray painted. I followed this tutorial. Really easy and great effect.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
That is excellent! I still wanna give this a try one day. I have a Firefly lightning controller I would like to use for this. Very cool.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That is excellent! I still wanna give this a try one day. I have a Firefly lightning controller I would like to use for this. Very cool.
Thanks! I know I was supposed to send you a video of the movement and I totally forgot! I'll get one posted here before he goes out on the porch this weekend. I've never looked into the firefly controller.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Added more stuff this weekend. Really happy with how everything looks so far. The blue lights I have get washed out really bad by my phone. I need to add more lights - any suggestions? Next is to get a few more details done and get the audio complete.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Added more stuff this weekend. Really happy with how everything looks so far. The blue lights I have get washed out really bad by my phone. I need to add more lights - any suggestions? Next is to get a few more details done and get the audio complete.

Awesome job! Now where do I get a fast pass? 🤘☠

·
Registered
10 Posts
Just a completely brilliant set-up!!! May I ask where you found all the audio clips for your scenes? I've been having a heck of a time finding "clean" audio clips and dialog, and would welcome any leads.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts